Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

771 and other strange things....

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Registered
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

That looked exactly like the one I had mine replaced with so I went back and found my post about the problems I was having with my LNB since I recall mentioning the brands. I guess being on the wrong side of 40 is starting to show because I remembered it all wrong even though it has only been a month. My new one was an Eagle Aspen, your picture and mention of the three bubbles on the 99/101/103 cover jogged my memory. The old one was a WNC. I remember that one having three flat sort of chalky white covers. So I guess my installer has had the same experience with WNC LNBs that you have.

It's ironic since the reason I bought a new one to have it replaced is because I started having problems with channels on 103ca breaking up every once in a while, just like you reported. It worked fine 99% of the time, but every once in a while it have problems on 103, while 99 and 101 were never a problem.

SL5, PI-6S, SA-6AL 3xSWM16, 21 H20-100, 1 H20-600, 7 H24-700/AM21

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,372 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

That looked exactly like the one I had mine replaced with so I went back and found my post about the problems I was having with my LNB since I recall mentioning the brands. I guess being on the wrong side of 40 is starting to show because I remembered it all wrong even though it has only been a month. My new one was an Eagle Aspen, your picture and mention of the three bubbles on the 99/101/103 cover jogged my memory. The old one was a WNC. I remember that one having three flat sort of chalky white covers. So I guess my installer has had the same experience with WNC LNBs that you have.

It's ironic since the reason I bought a new one to have it replaced is because I started having problems with channels on 103ca breaking up every once in a while, just like you reported. It worked fine 99% of the time, but every once in a while it have problems on 103, while 99 and 101 were never a problem.

Yep, I have been to many service calls where I have to do IVR (Installation Verification Re-test) and It fails on the 103 (usually even TPNDs)  changing the LNB (without moving the dish) passes IVR. SO no my habit is if I see this LNB, I would change it regardless

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#23 OFFLINE   ACR_Ted

ACR_Ted

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

Update....new LNB arrived overnight from Amazon (with free shipping even) and has just been installed. Problem gone! All 103ca odd and even transponders are all very high 80's to mid 90's, and the other sats are all in the 90's as well. No manufacturer name is on the LNB, but it is somewhat different than the old one in that it has a translucent cover as opposed to the old one that was solid white. It is SL3K4NR0-02 if that means anything....

Thanks again for everyones help on this :)

Ted

#24 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,372 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

IIRC, that is an Eagle/Aspen. Those are the "good ones"

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#25 OFFLINE   ACR_Ted

ACR_Ted

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for the info peds48...it could be my imagination, but it seems like the picture quality is somewhat better than it was before. It seems to be a bit better in color and contrast and overall quality.

Thanks again!

Ted

#26 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Registered
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

It must be your imagination, Directv broadcasts a digital signal with a lot of error correction capability. After any required error correction is applied, what you see is 100% identical to what Directv broadcasts to everyone. If it falls below the threshold where error correction can make it 100%, you'll see obvious visual artifacts. With only a small bit of further degradation you'll see no picture at all. Same story as with digital signals for OTA broadcasts and digital cable.

SL5, PI-6S, SA-6AL 3xSWM16, 21 H20-100, 1 H20-600, 7 H24-700/AM21

#27 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,372 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

It must be your imagination, 

Yep.  There is no difference in picture quality.  There might be a diference in signal quality however.

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

spam firewall