Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Related to the "Cord Cutting" topic, credits I just received

direct tv

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bungi43

bungi43

Mentor

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

I called in today after I got the email on the protection plan going up a few bucks a month.

After being put through to retention, I was given 

15 dollar credit for 12 months

10 dollar credit for 6 months

50 dollar instant cash credit

And I dropped the protection plan.  Also dropped my package down one level without giving up much, saving 7 bucks a month.

Very happy with the service I received today, after the last few times the service has been downright awful.  I'm under contract, but for once the guy didn't seem to hang that over my head when I told him I was close to cutting the cord.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,149 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

You must be a very "hearty" person, if you  know what I mean… !rolling

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   bungi43

bungi43

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

You must be a very "hearty" person, if you  know what I mean… !rolling

Not entirely sure what you mean, but about the only thing I have special is 4 receivers.  I've got the old "Choice Extra" plan that isn't active anymore.   Went to choice, really only lost two channel that I occasionally watched.  I wanted to go entertainment, but he said if I did that he couldn't give me that 10 dollar credit so it was a wash.

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,149 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

DirecTV has a heart rating system for customers, the more hearts, the better the deals you might get.

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   Jillxz

Jillxz

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

DirecTV has a heart rating system for customers, the more hearts, the better the deals you might get.

Never heard of it.

#6 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Peds48 please do not disclose such information to the customer as their really is no need too. They use to have Golden Hearts customers would know about way back in the day but nowadays d* does not want customers knowing of such a thing. And wow that agent saves were probably very low as that is overboard. Nice to get it though lol

Edited by Volatility, 23 April 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,149 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Peds48 please do not disclose such information to the customer as their really is no need too. They use to have Golden Hearts customers would know about way back in the day but nowadays d* does not want customers knowing of such a thing. And wow that agent saves were probably very low as that is overboard. Nice to get it though lol

I don't think this is a secret any more. As I read it here (on this site) and confirmed it some other place.  that some other folks are not aware of it, well that is another story.  But it is not the first time being mentioned here.

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#8 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

I don't think this is a secret any more. As I read it here (on this site) and confirmed it some other place.  that some other folks are not aware of it, well that is another story.  But it is not the first time being mentioned here.

Telling the customer about it is going to do more harm than good. Like they are going to ask how can I increase my hearts? And it is extremely complicated. Their is a long list of stuff that affects hearts I was told of. It's not as simple as how long you have been with them or if you pay your bill on time their are alot of politics behind it.

Edited by Volatility, 23 April 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

Something to do with my heart rate everytime I get my bill I would guess... :grin:

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#10 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

Telling the customer about it is going to do more harm than good. Like they are going to ask how can I increase my hearts? And it is extremely complicated. Their is a long list of stuff that affects hearts I was told of. It's not as simple as how long you have been with them or if you pay your bill on time their are alot of politics behind it.

Actually I remember the hearts program from way back. If anything it's you who has given away a lot more valuable information in saying that CSR's have save rates. Now all we have to do is keep calling in until we get one that's desperate to save an account to get his rate up. Nice going there, Vol...

#11 ONLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

He's still kind of new here, we've talked about "hearts" for years.

#12 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,149 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Actually I remember the hearts program from way back. If anything it's you who has given away a lot more valuable information in saying that CSR's have save rates. Now all we have to do is keep calling in until we get one that's desperate to save an account to get his rate up. Nice going there, Vol...

Right on!  had he had let it go, that would have been the end of it, but now this is going to be a topic changer, and the more he tries to debate, the more info that is going to "leak" out

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#13 OFFLINE   archer75

archer75

Godfather

• Registered
  • 421 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Were you still under contract when you called and got those deals?

#14 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

I never mentioned a rate. That was you ;) 

But it is common knowledge you have to have a certain amount of saves working in a cancellation dept. i knew that before i even came to directv. just like working in a retail store in sales you have a certain amount of sales you have to make. no secret or leaks here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: direct tv

spam firewall