Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie Not Working Without Clients

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BigCTM

BigCTM

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

I had a HR34 with 2 C31 clients and basically got sick and tired of the performance with the C31 clients.  I had both of them deactivated and purchased a new HR24 to go along with the HR34.  I figured this would be a pretty easy process but not so.

Now, my HR34 is useless with a message that states that this account is limited to 0 locations.  It says to delete 1 location from the list below and the only location listed is the location of  the HR34.  There is no way to bypass this screen.  Even a reset goes directly to this screen with the error message.  If DirecTV adds 1 of the clients back, then both the HR34 and HR24 work perfectly.  However, the HR34 will not work with both clients deactivated.  DirecTV thinks it's an issue with the box and are sending a technician out tomorrow to check it out.  This makes no sense to me since the HR34 works with 1 of the clients activated.

Any suggestions on this?  Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Something is wrong with your account. Call customer service at 1-800-DIRECTV.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   BigCTM

BigCTM

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Something is wrong with your account. Call customer service at 1-800-DIRECTV.

I have called them.  They have no idea.  I guess that's why they are sending a technician out tomorrow.

Edited by BigCTM, 23 April 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#4 ONLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 946 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

I have called them.  They have no idea.  I guess that's why they are sending a technician out tomorrow.

You should speak with someone higher up. Try 866-678-9471 ask for sup if they can help you. There is no technical problem that a tech would be needed for.

#5 OFFLINE   BigCTM

BigCTM

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

You should speak with someone higher up. Try 866-678-9471 ask for sup if they can help you. There is no technical problem that a tech would be needed for.

I agree.  Thanks for the number - will give it a shot...

#6 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

So what ever came of this? I need to know the end of the cliffhanger! :D
HarperVision, LLC
ISF Calibrations, Installations,
Repairs & Consultations

Protected By... spam firewall...And...