Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How to hide Forums

Best Answer Steve , 24 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Unless I've missed it, it looks like we lost the ability to hide forums from the "new post" search.  The minus sign just collapses the section on the forum screen (what the OP was asking for, I think), but I'm sure I'm not alone in going straight to a "new posts" bookmark and never seeing that forum list.  The old software gave me a multi-selectable list that let me completely get rid of the Dish forums.

Try going to "View New Content" and click on the "Filter By Forum" link on the bottom left. You can highlight the forums you want to view, and they're remembered, as far as I can tell.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

I've not been able to locate the - field in Safari on my iPad using the DBSTalk Default theme. Minor irritation, just means a bit more scrolling. 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,165 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

I've not been able to locate the - field in Safari on my iPad using the DBSTalk Default theme. Minor irritation, just means a bit more scrolling. 

Yes, only appears when you hover over the area.  Kind of hard to hover a finger. :)  (But yeah, sure, the things can track your eye movement, just can tell where you finger is hovering. :))

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#23 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Yes, only appears when you hover over the area.  Kind of hard to hover a finger. :)  (But yeah, sure, the things can track your eye movement, just can tell where you finger is hovering. :))

So it is there? I'll have to try harder. :scratchin

#24 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

CLUB MEMBERS now can HIDE FORUMS from within their USER SETTING.  Click on your name, select My Settings, and you will see Remove Forums on the bottom left menu.  CLick the ones to hide and save. (Use CTRL and click to select more than one.  Do the same thing to unhide ones to want back.) 

Note...This is a test install at this time as it was made for ver 3.2 of the site and we are on 3.4.4.  So, not sure how it will all work so no promises it will stay around. :)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#25 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

working good for me, all those darn dish forums gone in a click :P

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#26 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

working good for me, all those darn dish forums gone in a click :P

Works for me. Much nicer home page now. 

(Just teasing, Dish guys! :P)

Attached Files

/steve

#27 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

Sweet! No more Directtv forums. ;)

Carries through to i* devices as well.

#28 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

See...Club membership is nice. :)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#29 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

CLUB MEMBERS now can HIDE FORUMS from within their USER SETTING.  Click on your name, select My Settings, and you will see Remove Forums on the bottom left menu.  CLick the ones to hide and save. (Use CTRL and click to select more than one.  Do the same thing to unhide ones to want back.) 

Note...This is a test install at this time as it was made for ver 3.2 of the site and we are on 3.4.4.  So, not sure how it will all work so no promises it will stay around. :)

could this be why the mobile app isn't working for me tonight? Neither iPad or android apps are working.
Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#30 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

won't work on forumrunner or tapatalk.

hell forumrunner barely works as it is. bet theres hundreds of sql errors in log now from people using it LOL

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#31 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

could this be why the mobile app isn't working for me tonight? Neither iPad or android apps are working.

I do not this this hook made for that issue.  It could be that we upgraded Apache and PHP on the server that that made for the app issues.  

Tried to warn people you when you start to do things to the site that people just "must have" things could break.  Now the app no longer works.  Oh how wonderful. 

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#32 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

if the app is forumrunner based it will be broken no matter what.

starting many versions ago around 3.4.0 series and onwards.

when asked about it forumrunner wanted access to my board and files to make their app work. I refused.

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#33 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

if the app is forumrunner based it will be broken no matter what.

starting many versions ago around 3.4.0 series and onwards.

when asked about it forumrunner wanted access to my board and files to make their app work. I refused.

Not quite because the Forumrunner apps worked fairly well with a feww miner setting adjustments on the use side.

It's not that big  of deal I prefer using a browser on the iPad and the browser isn't bad on the Droid so I'll get by.

Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0

#34 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

Not quite because the Forumrunner apps worked fairly well with a feww miner setting adjustments on the use side.

It's not that big  of deal I prefer using a browser on the iPad and the browser isn't bad on the Droid so I'll get by.

you run an ip board? if so how did you fix all the sql errors in logs?

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#35 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

you run an ip board? if so how did you fix all the sql errors in logs?

I never said that, I said that the Forumrunner apps worked on this board.

Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0

#36 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

ah, when you mentioned a few changes I thought maybe you knew how to fix issue many owners have been complaining about.

what you see on the front end is not indicative of what many board owners have been complaining about since Nov 2012.

some info here

http://www.forumrunn...p?t=2333&page=3

http://www.forumrunn...read.php?t=2295

got many ignored tickets on my end too after I refused them access to my database and files.

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#37 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

This is really off topic now.  Just an FYI, they reached out to me and will have some new beta of it to try soon.  

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#38 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

cool. please let me know what they find.

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...