Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Blockbuster Channels Ala Carte

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gator749

gator749

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

I don't have any use for the Blockbuster movies or most of the channels. However, I want Velocity (364) but don't want to pay $10/month for the rest of the stuff. Dish, so far, says pay up or else. Direct includes Velocity on even the lower-end packages so I may have to switch.  Any chance that Dish will make this channel available separately? Switching is a pain, but I'll do what it takes.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,461 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Doubtful.  Channels do move around in packages from time to time as negotiations happen... but I wouldn't expect the channel to go a la carte any time soon.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Check out ch 5710 ;)

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,461 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

I would swear I remember hearing, incidentally, about a couple of channels that had moved from the Blockbuster Movie Package to one of the AT packages... but I don't watch Velocity so I honestly can't remember if it was one of those.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,346 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

I would swear I remember hearing, incidentally, about a couple of channels that had moved from the Blockbuster Movie Package to one of the AT packages... but I don't watch Velocity so I honestly can't remember if it was one of those.

Correct ... Velocity is back in AT120 - so it should be available to all - even without the BB&Home package.

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Since velocity is now in  AT 120 I wonder if the OP only has SD equipment?  When Velocity (or whatever it used to be called) was in the HD pack anyone with an HD receiver got it on the "test" channel sans guide data.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#7 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

I don't have any use for the Blockbuster movies or most of the channels. However, I want Velocity (364) but don't want to pay $10/month for the rest of the stuff. Dish, so far, says pay up or else. Direct includes Velocity on even the lower-end packages so I may have to switch.  Any chance that Dish will make this channel available separately? Switching is a pain, but I'll do what it takes.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#8 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

The movies in Blockbuster are great, but the other channels arn't that good.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

spam firewall