Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Slaps Longtime Customers Again

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,502 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Hey, somone has to help Charlie Pay BILLIONS for sprint. Let it be us!!

No more Chuckie Bucks from me.  When this term ends this fall, I'll have to be done whether I want to or not.  I could barely afford it last year, but now with a 20-30% hike with no additional benefit, there's just no way.

Not really sure what I'll do, but I've been recording a lot of programs and concerts on this box as well as a bunch of OTA stuff on a PC.  I just hope I'll still be able to view the stuff recorded on the 512 after I stop service.  I haven't been able to get a definitive answer on that question.  Some say you can as long as it remains connected and can see the birds.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

AT-250 is a pretty high-end package. You can easily switch to a lower package if money is the issue. To use your mortgage analogy this is like reacting to the change in your adjustable rate mortgage by clicking on a button on their website that turns off access to the spare bedroom. ;)

#43 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

See the FAQ for the new charge table. It's not as bad as we thought.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#44 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

So...it's only going to be $12 for the 2nd+ Hopper instead of $14.

I'm still out of the game.

Edited by Jim5506, 26 April 2013 - 03:02 PM.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#45 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,206 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

So...it's only going to be $12 for the 2nd+ Hopper instead of $14.

I'm still out of the game.

Get the second Hopper before May 23rd and you'll pay $7 as an ongoing price.

It is a good change for those who have already made the commitment and paid for a second Hopper.

(The whole home fee is also frozen for those who have a Hopper before the increase.)

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#46 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

It is a good change for those who have already made the commitment and paid for a second Hopper.

(The whole home fee is also frozen for those who have a Hopper before the increase.)

Right get it before May 23rd and think you'll be grandfathered but how long before DISH decides they need more money and just RAISE your fees.

#47 OFFLINE   bnewt

bnewt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

maybe if Dish didn't have so many law suits...............they wouldn't have to raise their fees & rates, but when they do raise something we ought to get something in return...........like the Disney channels in HD or Fox Movie in HD, TVland in HD

May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#48 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,206 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Right get it before May 23rd and think you'll be grandfathered but how long before DISH decides they need more money and just RAISE your fees.

Show me a company that never raises their fees and I'll show you a company that is going out of business. :)
  • sigma1914 likes this
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#49 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,502 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

I was 'frozen' at no DVR fee and annual billing.

Then Dish decided to 'unfreeze' those deals.

Dish  has decided to become untrustworthy and not hold to their promises.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#50 OFFLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Frozen doesn't mean forever. Even the Arctic is melting.

spam firewall