Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Anywhere for Kindle Fire?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

I would not blame Dish or Amazon - its the media companies. Also, the work-arounds keep getting easier and better.

Amazon has prevented its own android device from accessing the Google Play store.   YES, that is Amazon's issue.   They are the one blocking it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

Actually it is Amazon's fault as they are blocking the DishAnywhere app from their app store.

You can bypass Amazon by downloading the 1MobileMarket app, it includes a lot of apps that Amazon doesn't carry in their app store.

I downloaded this from 1MobileMarket app and the Dish Anywhere App would not work.   It had an error message it needed to update to find a "library" and crashed.

I have the new Fire HDX so perhaps there is something specific with this model, I do not know.   

I removed the app, tried again, and same result.   I found it from another source and the same result.

#23 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Today at CES, Dish said it "will be releasing a version of DISH Anywhere for Kindle Fire tablets." No other details so far. ImageUploadedByDBSTalk1389034350.221808.jpg Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#24 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

Today at CES, Dish said it "will be releasing a version of DISH Anywhere for Kindle Fire tablets." No other details so far. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByDBSTalk1389034350.221808.jpg Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

Well, that's cool.

spam firewall