Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Add OTA locals feature still unavailable

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

Here we are at S309 and still the add OTA locals function is not yet available.  Without that the OTA functionality is crippled for those of us with multi-direction signals.  What is the holdup on this?

Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, Joey x2

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Do you have the OTA module connected to your Hopper?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Here we are at S309 and still the add OTA locals function is not yet available.  Without that the OTA functionality is crippled for those of us with multi-direction signals.  What is the holdup on this?

#3 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Do you have the OTA module connected to your Hopper?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Yes, I have the OTA module.  Works great for 1 set of stations, but there is not way to switch the antenna direction and pickup another market without doing a complete channel re-scan each time.  The Add OTA Locals button exists....but when selected I just get a message saying "Feature Coming Soon."

Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, Joey x2

#4 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'm getting the same message on our Hopper here.  I do not have an update on this feature but I will inquire about its availability in the future.  Thanks.

Yes, I have the OTA module.  Works great for 1 set of stations, but there is not way to switch the antenna direction and pickup another market without doing a complete channel re-scan each time.  The Add OTA Locals button exists....but when selected I just get a message saying "Feature Coming Soon."

#5 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 918 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

The button has been there since day one of the OTA USB tuner release.  Its like the programmers planned to make this button work but forgot about it.  I really need it please.  I have OTA stations to the north and also to the south.  Adding the ones to the south is hard as they are not that strong.  If I could manually add em, I could.  This is what the button is for.

"We need more power Scotty" Kirk

#6 OFFLINE   722921

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

Is this also related to not being able to selectively delete some OTA channels?

Hopper feeds the 73" Mitz WD-73640 3D DLP/1080p (and 19" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 1 feeds the 62" Mitz WD-62628 DLP/1080P (and 16" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 2 feeds the new 40" Specter LCD black friday special
Dish America Pkg

#7 OFFLINE   257Roberts

257Roberts

• Registered
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Alabama

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

I may not be understanding the original question, but I installed the OTA dongle on my new Hopper w/Sling last night, all channels scanned and was able to selectively delete (hide) some OTA channels that I did not want.  Used the Parental Control menu just like the SAT channels to hide them.  I get a lot more guide info with the Hopper OTA channels than I did on my old 622 DVR.

#8 OFFLINE   722921

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

I may not be understanding the original question, but I installed the OTA dongle on my new Hopper w/Sling last night, all channels scanned and was able to selectively delete (hide) some OTA channels that I did not want.  Used the Parental Control menu just like the SAT channels to hide them.  I get a lot more guide info with the Hopper OTA channels than I did on my old 622 DVR.

That may be a good work around, but you used to be able to remove the ones you didn't want by using the 'delete' button in the OTA menu, which is now grayed out and unavailable.

As to the original question, I think both adding and deleting channels are now crippled.

Hopper feeds the 73" Mitz WD-73640 3D DLP/1080p (and 19" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 1 feeds the 62" Mitz WD-62628 DLP/1080P (and 16" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 2 feeds the new 40" Specter LCD black friday special
Dish America Pkg

#9 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 583 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

I may not be understanding the original question, but I installed the OTA dongle on my new Hopper w/Sling last night, all channels scanned and was able to selectively delete (hide) some OTA channels that I did not want.

This works great if a single scan picks up all the channels you get.  But for people with antenna rotors and distant signals, they may receive some channels with the antenna pointed in one direction, and other channels with the antenna pointed in a different direction, but no way to receive all the channels at the same time.  What is lacking is the ability to add channels without doing a rescan, and rescans remove the previously found channels.

spam firewall