Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Clients freezing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jhable

jhable

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

I recently installed an HR34 and 2 clients for a Directv customer.  I replaced all fittings and barrels in the system.  Forced the software download on the HR34, activated all recievers and everything was working great.  Got a call from the customer a couple days later stating that when the clients are turned off for a couple hours and then turned back on they display a grey screen and are unresponsive to any remote function and even the power button on the client itself.  RBR is the only way to resolve the issue.  It happens on both clients.  If the clients are constantly left on there is no issue.  I ran a system test on the HR34 and its returning an error code of 72-79-041.  Any thoghts or suggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,430 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I recently installed an HR34 and 2 clients for a Directv customer.  I replaced all fittings and barrels in the system.  Forced the software download on the HR34, activated all recievers and everything was working great.  Got a call from the customer a couple days later stating that when the clients are turned off for a couple hours and then turned back on they display a grey screen and are unresponsive to any remote function and even the power button on the client itself.  RBR is the only way to resolve the issue.  It happens on both clients.  If the clients are constantly left on there is no issue.  I ran a system test on the HR34 and its returning an error code of 72-79-041.  Any thoghts or suggestions?

72 | Cannot detect dial tone, but Internet connection good. | Troubleshoot phone connection.

79 | Indicates that the network connection has dropped multiple MRV sessions over the past 5 days. | Check for loose/bad connectors that may be causing intermitent problems with the signal. Verify all hardware have green labels indicating that they are SWM/MRV compliant.

SOURCE

The 041 is just an ID

Edited by Drucifer, 25 April 2013 - 06:05 PM.

Drew
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR:HR34-7, Dn:HR24-1, MB:HR24-5, Bm:HR21-2, Kt:H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV '00

#3 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,528 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

You could also run a coax test...press Guide and right arrow at the same time...and check both the PHY levels and mesh values.
Dish Network Customer from 1998-2001
DirecTV Customer since October, 2001
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

try this thread http://www.dbstalk.c...ning-hot-150°f/

#5 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,596 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

note that the 79 eror code is meaningless because the Genie registers a drop connection every time a C31 client is turn off. 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall