Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MDU Setup Assistance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   satsol

satsol

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

I just have a couple quick questions about a setup I did today, but didn't have time to troubleshoot. Was hoping to get a few opinions, so I don't waste time tomorrow morning on steps I could just avoid. Here's a breakdown of the equipment:

- SL5 and 95 dish on roof with a 30-40' run to head-end room

- Fed into a Sonora PI-6S (powered)

- From there it feeds into a Sonora SA-6AL for good measure (powered)

- Then the lines drop into a NAS MST-771 tap

- From tap the lines hit a full FMC-6 SWM chassis (powered with all 3 supplies)

- From tap the lines drop into 3 more floors. Each floor with another MST-771 tap, and each with a FMC-6 chassis. The last floor has another SA-6AL into the FMC-6 chassis.

Now I have a few questions. First, I originally ordered NAS equipment, and they sent me Sonora, with the exception of the trunk tap. I've never used Sonora anything, but thought I would give it a try just for the experience. Right before I left, I fired everything up, and we have green across the board except for the chassis, which display the headache inducing blinking red lights. The chassis on every floor has this problem except for the bottom floor which has has 3 green on the Flexport 1 and the 18/13v. The rest were solid red, which also puzzled me. As I mentioned, I didn't have enough time to really do anything and was curious about any suggestions as to what the problem might be.

A big thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to read and comment. Thank you.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

Sounds like you have a connection crossover somewhere inline.... after the first trunk..........    Here is a good reference guide to review the setup........

https://www.perfect-...du-products.pdf

Hope this helps..

SIG

#3 OFFLINE   satsol

satsol

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

I appreciate the guide, but it shows the NAS equipment which I'm used to using. I'm thinking the Sonora's outputs are swapped around, but I'm not entirely sure which port is which on the 771. I don't remember, can't find it.

#4 OFFLINE   Floyd

Floyd

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Take out the first amplifier and see what happens.   How are the signal levels at the receivers?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...