Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I looked at my bill: Being charged for HD and lost a credit.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mynameisjason

mynameisjason

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

From the time I signed up with DirecTV (Dec 2011) I have been on autopay. They charged my credit card on the 24th of each month. Honestly, I never looked at the price they took. Just saw DirecTV. Which, is now a mistake I see. 

I thought being a new customer I was to get HD free for life. Or at least 24 months. It hasn't even been 24 months and I am now being charged? I went back to past statements and have been being changed HD for the past 3 months (January was free, Feb-April was charged). 

Also (which isn't as bad as the HD one) when I first signed up I was getting a 24 month credit of $5 per month because of a install mixup (the rep told me it was going to be $10 at 12 months but whatever). As with the HD it was last credited in January. 

The only thing I have done to the account was add the HD Extra Pack in February, but turned those off because nothing was being watch on them. Did they honestly take away my credits because of that?

I know, call DirecTV. Just complaining.

Edited by mynameisjason, 26 April 2013 - 01:34 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

I went to my hotmail account yesterday which I almost never check and found an email from Directv congratulating me on signing up for the Protection Plan (I didn't). I contacted them through the website (I turned off my phone and hate making calls from my cell at home). A few hours later I got an email from Directv apologizing for the mixup. They removed the Protection Plan from my account. They also noticed that I was being charged for whole home service (which I already got into it with a CSR because I couldn't get it through her thick Indian head that I didn't need it) when I already had a genie, so they removed that as well.

Yeah, I know, that was a pretty convoluted paragraph. What I'm trying to say is if you don't get satisfaction from a CSR, contact them through the website. It's easier to read a complaint than to have someone explain it to them over the phone in what may be their second language, if ya ketch my drift.

#3 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

I thought being a new customer I was to get HD free for life. Or at least 24 months. It hasn't even been 24 months and I am now being charged? I went back to past statements and have been being changed HD for the past 3 months (January was free, Feb-April was charged). 

The last four months of my HD free x 24 months, I had to call each time to get the proper credit.  Every time they would acknowledge that I was suppose to get the credit and every time I called the claimed the issue was now fixed, but it never was, I had to call every month.  

SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#4 OFFLINE   mynameisjason

mynameisjason

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Was able to talk with someone, and they were able to get everything taken care of. So, I am happy with that. No clue as to why it stopped giving the credits. System glitch I guess.

#5 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Was able to talk with someone, and they were able to get everything taken care of. So, I am happy with that. No clue as to why it stopped giving the credits. System glitch I guess.

Make sure you check it again next month.  I was told everything was "fixed" but it never was.

SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#6 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

it may have been a glitch cant really say for sure without looking at the account.

Edited by Volatility, 26 April 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Yeah funny how the glitches always seem to go in their favor.

#8 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,127 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Well, you could call the continuing ability to have a three month free preview of HD Extras for years a glitch.

#9 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Well if you got a glitch in your favor would you go around bragging about it, or just be quiet hoping it happens again?

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#10 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,047 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Easy not everyone catches the supposed error.

Strange, that these types of billing errors are 99.9% in favor of the big corporation. 

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#11 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

I've seen some glitches where someone added HBO and ended up getting a new customer offer again.  Now that's a glitch!

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#12 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

They also noticed that I was being charged for whole home service (which I already got into it with a CSR because I couldn't get it through her thick Indian head that I didn't need it) when I already had a genie, so they removed that as well.

Technically the genie requires whole home service to stay on the account...

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#13 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,559 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Technically the genie requires whole home service to stay on the account...

Only if you are a new customer.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#14 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Actually no.  Per policy, whole home service is required to stay on if the Genie is on the account and there is another piece of HD equipment.  It can easily be removed but it's not really supposed to be.

#15 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,347 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Wasn't there another thread where the customer started getting charged for MRV and he sent an email and the response he got back was that it was only required for new customers so they removed his?

Edited by trh, 26 April 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Nope. It is all customers. When placing an order the required disclosures even say "whole home services are required....can not be removed"

through her thick Indian head that I didn't need it

D* does not have agents taking calls in India. They outsource to the Philippines.

Edited by Volatility, 28 April 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 819 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Actually no.  Per policy, whole home service is required to stay on if the Genie is on the account and there is another piece of HD equipment.  It can easily be removed but it's not really supposed to be.

And I'm willing to bet anything it will be automatically added back on quite soon to the OP's account!

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#18 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

And I'm willing to bet anything it will be automatically added back on quite soon to the OP's account!

I don't know about automatic but Account Management will add it back eventually.

Edited by Volatility, 26 April 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,559 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Wasn't there another thread where the customer started getting charged for MRV and he sent an email and the response he got back was that it was only required for new customers so they removed his?

Exactly.  "older" customers (accounts) get billed for DVR, HD and WHDVR services separately.  These customers DO NOT pay (have to) for WHDVR if they only get the Genie.  Newer customers get all the services in one "convenient" fee.  Thus the pay the fee regardless.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...