Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Quote into PM

Best Answer David Bott , 26 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Quote in PM is a club feature now.   Can't quote your own post for, well, it is yours.  It was a design choice by the developer.  I had to pay to buy this plugin.

Only the topic starter and the staff can mark an thread as "answered".   But in some sections it is only the staff that can.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,577 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

Thanks so much for the new "Quote into PM" button. A great click-saver!   :up:

I do notice you can't quote your own posts into PMs. Is that by design, or a limitation of the software? If by design, Steve thinks the option to quote Steve would come in handy at times. :P

/steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,316 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

I don't see a Quote into PM button. Is that because I'm currently using Safari on my iPad?

#3 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,577 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

I don't see a Quote into PM button. Is that because I'm currently using Safari on my iPad?

Works on my iPad, so it may be a DBSTalk Club "members-only" feature.

Attached Files

/steve

#4 OFFLINE   JR_Baas

JR_Baas

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

I don't see Quote into PM or Mark Solved.  I also have not seen any posts where I can tell if they were liked.  

#5 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,577 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

I don't see Quote into PM or Mark Solved.  I also have not seen any posts where I can tell if they were liked. 

Those must all be member features then.

/steve

#6 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,975 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

Oh, very nice addition. Great.

DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#7 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

If you are interested in becoming a club member you can click the link n my signature or click on the DBSTalk store tab at the top of the screen.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#8 ONLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Yeah it seems us iPad users have lost a few features, even on Chrome, like the edit icon bar. Oh well.

#9 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:14 AM   Best Answer

Quote in PM is a club feature now.   Can't quote your own post for, well, it is yours.  It was a design choice by the developer.  I had to pay to buy this plugin.

Only the topic starter and the staff can mark an thread as "answered".   But in some sections it is only the staff that can.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#10 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,930 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

Great addition. I like that there are more added features for club members, especially with the loss of iSpy. 

#11 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

Great addition. I like that there are more added features for club members, especially with the loss of iSpy. 

You have access to LIVE FEED which is kind of like iSpy.  Just does not give you a little line of the post that was made.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#12 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,930 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

Whoops I missed that. Still finding features, though never sure if it was something added or I missed it all along. 

#13 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Thank you for adding this feature, I do which you could use this for locked threads as we could do with vB but no big loss. Thanks again David for purchasing this for us!

#14 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,577 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

You have access to LIVE FEED which is kind of like iSpy.  Just does not give you a little line of the post that was made.

Besides not previewing the post, it doesn't show activity in private forums I'm subscribed to. For those reasons, it really has no utility for me. Hopefully it's still a work in progress by the IP Board programmers.

/steve

#15 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Nope...This is a plugin I had to buy to work with the site.  It is not a standard IP.Board function.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#16 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Nope...This is a plugin I had to buy to work with the site.  It is not a standard IP.Board function.

I believe you mentioned that you had disabled some forums from the live feed in case they could be seen by all. Have you been able to test this?

I do like that you can choose to see only your friends activity. That would seem to be better than the "subscribed threads only" option that iSpy had.

Ideally the Live feed would honor the forum filter from View New Content.

#17 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hi...Yes, you are right, I did say that and I did set it was I was not sure.

I have sent a note to verify it does as it should.  So if it does in fact honor permissions, as it should IMHO, then I will surely unlock the private areas for being forced hidden. 

Thanks for the reminder.

• David Ortiz and Steve like this

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#18 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,577 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

I believe you mentioned that you had disabled some forums from the live feed in case they could be seen by all. Have you been able to test this?

I have sent a note to verify it does as it should.  So if it does in fact honor permissions, as it should IMHO, then I will surely unlock the private areas for being forced hidden.

Noticed this morning that private areas are now showing in my Live Feed. Thanks, David(s)! :)

/steve

#19 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Yup...Got word back we were safe as it uses permissions. 

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Protected By... spam firewall...And...