Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need help with Samsung deca hookup

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jford951

jford951

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Directv is instructing me to hook the deca end labels for the STB to my coax on the tv. I thought you weren't supposed to hook that to the tv
[URL="http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=3113347&posted=1#post311334""]My Setup[/URL]

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,097 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

No, don't connect it to the TV, it needs to be connected to a power supply/inserter.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   jford951

jford951

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

I thought I needed a powered deca and they sent me a receiver deca. Dtv is insist this is correct can I plug it into the power inserter for the swim 16

Edited by jford951, 26 April 2013 - 05:08 PM.

[URL="http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=3113347&posted=1#post311334""]My Setup[/URL]

#4 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 945 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

No, you can't. You'll either need them to send you a Cinema Connection Kit - Coax or get one through a third party like Solid Signal. Ordering from Solid Signal might be your best bet.

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,908 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

The csr is totally utterly wrong. You need a broadband (powered) deca. Plug one end into the deca power adapter, one end into a coax line that runs to the SWM, and the Ethernet cable into the
TV.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   jford951

jford951

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

I'm on call # 5 no one at csr seem to know anything about this setup. One person told me this wasn't a supported directv set up

#7 OFFLINE   jford951

jford951

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Well call#6 was unaware of this setup also. He tried to tell me to conect coax to the tv. Once I told him no he actually put me on hold and went to look at a setup they had in the building. When he got back to the phone he apologized and told me I was right. So we will see in a few days if I get the right one.

If any directv people happen to read this there is a lot more training need for Crs reps on this setup

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,380 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Well call#6 was unaware of this setup also. He tried to tell me to conect coax to the tv. Once I told him no he actually put me on hold and went to look at a setup they had in the building. When he got back to the phone he apologized and told me I was right. So we will see in a few days if I get the right one.

If any directv people happen to read this there is a lot more training need for Crs reps on this setup

"we" send a request to DirecTV about the lack of training on this subject and it looks like they never got the message.  

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...