Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Quoted posts are a mess on the Android app.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

See attachment. I'm hoping that this mess is fixable, or there is a new mobile app in the works.
Attached File  ForumRunner_20130427_071805.png   285.1KB   40 downloads

Edited by David Bott, 27 April 2013 - 10:12 AM.
To fix missed used attachment tag.

Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,147 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

You are using the Forum Runner App which has already been started to have issues.  Please see the first post in the conversion thread.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#3 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,180 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

This would be the perfect time to allow us to access via Tapatalk 2.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#4 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Sure it would if you care to pay the $40 a month it would cost to have it.  :)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#5 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

You are using the Forum Runner App which has already been started to have issues.  Please see the first post in the conversion thread.

I knew about the app issues from the first day of conversion. I also read about the work around to make this app work...sort of.
The issue about the quote miasma is that there are posts that the quotes are displayed properly, and as my attachment shows, there are quotes that are incorrectly displayed. I assumed that there might be a fix to this inconsistency. Perhaps not.

Edited by BubblePuppy, 27 April 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

Not sure, but the screen shots also show the built in Mobile Skin for a phones browser and we had an issue with quotes and that.  

I am looking at my Android phone right now and your post above with my quote shows up fine.

To me it looks like the image you posted was a quote of a table or something.  Also that is not our site colors so hard to say.  What thread is that you are showing?

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#7 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Not sure, but the screen shots also show the built in Mobile Skin for a phones browser and we had an issue with quotes and that.  

I am looking at my Android phone right now and your post above with my quote shows up fine.

To me it looks like the image you posted was a quote of a table or something.  Also that is not our site colors so hard to say.  What thread is that you are showing?

This week's CE issues thread, posts one and two.

#8 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Yup...Just as I thought.  The app does not support tables.  

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#9 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Interesting. I went through a bunch of threads and now the majority of quotes are now being displayed correctly.
Attached are two posts, one incorrectly displayed and the one below it is ok. Curious.

Attached File  ForumRunner_20130427_112058.png   231.49KB   12 downloads

[ATTACH]22641[/ATTACH]

#10 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

It is not a quote issue, it is a "table" issue as it seems the app does not know what to do with them. 

Tables are not a standard feature and are hacks that are put it to try to make work.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#11 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 564 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

I knew about the app issues from the first day of conversion. I also read about the work around to make this app work...sort of.
The issue about the quote miasma is that there are posts that the quotes are displayed properly, and as my attachment shows, there are quotes that are incorrectly displayed. I assumed that there might be a fix to this inconsistency. Perhaps not.

It is not a quote issue, it is a "table" issue as it seems the app does not know what to do with them. 

Tables are not a standard feature and are hacks that are put it to try to make work.

As David has said, it isn't an issue with quotes.  It is an issue with tables and other text formatting (the bolded red text), etc.  And, just FYI, the post you originally mentioned works just fine on the site's mobile skin.

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

#12 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

I knew about the app issues from the first day of conversion. I also read about the work around to make this app work...sort of.The issue about the quote miasma is that there are posts that the quotes are displayed properly, and as my attachment shows, there are quotes that are incorrectly displayed. I assumed that there might be a fix to this inconsistency. Perhaps not.

It is not a quote issue, it is a "table" issue as it seems the app does not know what to do with them.  Tables are not a standard feature and are hacks that are put it to try to make work.

As David has said, it isn't an issue with quotes.  It is an issue with tables and other text formatting (the bolded red text), etc.  And, just FYI, the post you originally mentioned works just fine on the site's mobile skin.
I know it works just fine with the mobile skin. I use it. It's just curious that on the Android app some quotes look fine and some don't. I thought that there might be a fix for this as some people still prefer using the phone app instead of the mobile browsers.Copyright 2013 BubblePuppy
Except as provided by the Copyright Act 1994, no part of this publication may be reproduced or stored in a retrieval system in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the copyright owner”. I breed crickets.

#13 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

So should I remove you above post from our system as well as the others you have made?   :)

Just checking to be sure before I do.  :)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#14 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

So should I remove you above post from our system as well as the others you have made?   :)

Just checking to be sure before I do.  :)

Oh crud. I thought I turned that off. It was supposed to be a joke for another thread. Stupid android app. ;-)

Uh.... permission granted to reproduce.

Edited by BubblePuppy, 27 April 2013 - 02:25 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...