Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
Guest Message by DevFuse

Which Blu-ray Player Do You Have That Does Streaming?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Super Moderators
  • 20,827 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

I have a Sony BDP-BX18 that will do Netflix and Amazon as well as some other things. I honestly have only tried using it for YouTube a little, though because I don't have a Netflix account. My father has had Netflix and now has Amazon Prime, so we could watch Prime on the Blu-ray player... but he usually prefers to just do that on his iPad. One of these days we need to check it out and see how it works though... but I mostly bought it for a cheap Blu-ray player since my old Samsung hasn't seen an update in a couple of years and doesn't play some of the newer movies.

-- !rotaredoM mA eM

What I do when I'm not here

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   fortnerw

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Samsung C5500. It does a good job streaming Netflix and VUDU. It also has some apps and does stream files from my computer. I am trying to come up with a device to stream RFD-TV live from my computer to tv because it is 720p HD and DTV does not do that channel in HD. Have not found that device or software yet. Just trying to expand IPTV. I do have Roku which is a great device for streaming.
Directv since Oct 1994
HR23 with VOD
BlueRay with Netflix Streaming
Roku-Amazon Prime

#53 OFFLINE   redsoxfan26

• Registered
  • 386 posts
  • LocationWest Warwick, RI

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

LG BP-620 here

#54 OFFLINE   John79605

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

I have a Memorex MVBD2535, a Sony BDP-s370, and a Sony BDP-s470.  They're old but I keep them busy and they work fine.

#55 OFFLINE   machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,693 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Fat 40Gig PS3 and a Toshiba BDK33KU. The Toshiba player has the standard apps (Netflix, VUDU, etc) and media share.

#56 OFFLINE   acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

Sony BDV-E370 Bluray-Home Theater System with plenty of apps to chose(but all I use is Netflix,Amazon,Hulu,YouTube and Crackle), including mediashare PC stream via Serviio.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#57 OFFLINE   ghontz1

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

LG BP 620 and Roku 2XD. They both do a good job of streaming as long as my crappy Windstream DSL that's supposed to be 3mps stays about 1.5 mps. I got the Roku wired because it's in my bedroom and close to my router and my LG is wireless in the livingroom it works fine either way.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...