Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Vudu Starts In-Browser Streaming
Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:18 AM
Dear Movie Watcher,
Great news! Starting today at vudu.com, you can watch movies you've rented or purchased on VUDU directly from your browser. Instantly watch movies from your computer, with no additional hardware or software downloads required. You can also explore VUDU's massive movie collection and buy or rent directly from the website. It's the same great commercial-free experience you're used to on your TV, now available on your computer!
So, when someone else in the family has claimed the big TV for the night, you've still got a place to watch what you want. Or, when you're on the road, you can pick a can't-go-wrong classic wherever you land and watch it right on your laptop.
You can also use your computer to browse & select the perfect movie, then watch it on your big-screen TV via a VUDU-enabled device, or even start watching in one place and finish in another.
A few things to note:
* Due to restrictions by content providers, playback is limited to SD quality when viewed in a web browser. However, you can purchase a movie on the website for viewing in HD or HDX resolution on your TV. Just make your purchase at vudu.com then access it from your My VUDU account on your VUDU-enabled device. We will also seamlessly playback movies you've purchased in HD or HDX in SD if accessed through your browser.
* Browser based playback requires Adobe Flash Player installed (version 10.1 or later).
1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010
Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.
Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:18 PM
What I would REALLY like is a PC based app for VUDU with a nice, lean-back, remote-controllable 10-foot interface. Maybe one day...