Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Roku LT

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dgsiiinc

dgsiiinc

AllStar

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Roku LT seems like an ideal Christmas gift for a few people on my list this year. Before I invest in a few units, I was hoping to learn more about it. I'm also wondering about my odds of actually getting some-- are these things available in the wild, or is it an allocation situation? The Cnet review is nice, but I'd love to get some personal experience on the subject.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,120 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

The LT is a nice little box, and that is about it, a little box that does just what it needs to do to be a good little streamer. If you are looking to support 1080P down the road, when more content is available, then you really would want to go with one of the other units such as the XD. Amazon has the LT ready to ship...CLICK HERE .

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#3 OFFLINE   dualsub20061367066128

dualsub20061367066128

Cool Member

• 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

I don't have one myself, but I've used it. It's a great little box and anyone that knows what streaming is will love it. Even if it is purple.

The 720p limit is a real concern for the future, but at $50 could be replaced in the future without feeling like you got fleeced.

#4 OFFLINE   mhking

mhking

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

I'm looking at the LT to supplement my DirecTV subscription; though the limit is at 720p, I'm pretty sure that's enough to work with for now. Is the amount of content worth the set up? The other question -- my HDTV set has a single HDMI input, which has been taken up with my DirecTV box. I've got open composite inputs on the back -- is there a problem with getting an HDMI-to-Composite cable to use with this?
Wish list of channels for D*: C-Span 3; BBC World News; Sky News International; CBC Newsworld; France24; EuroNews; Eurosportnews; Setanta Sports News; ABC News 24 (Australia); Australia Network (soon to be ABC Asia Pacific); Al Jazeera English; Russia Today; NHK World; DW-TV -- Heck, how about an entire English-language international tier so I don't have to keep switching to my Roku?

#5 OFFLINE   march2133

march2133

• 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

MOI box is a dual DVB-S2 TV tuner and dual CI slot Linux server for streaming satellite TV channels to the following client end devices within your wired or wireless home network: HDTV, PC,tablet computers,smartphones,iPhone,iPad,iPod and Sony Playstation 3.
More here

Protected By... spam firewall...And...