Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anybody uses EyeTV for iPad instead of Slingbox?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AresROC

AresROC

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

Since the Directv iPad app won't allow video viewing outside of the local network, I have heard of a solution called the EyeTV for iPad and EyeTV on a Mac. Anyone uses that and can share their experiences?

I just got a Slingbox Solo myself, was wondering if it is redundant now already...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JJJBBB

JJJBBB

Godfather

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

no
NATIONAL HD... I want it all, I want it now. I've been really patient. (Will dance for more HD :stickman:)

#3 OFFLINE   3.579545

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

I've owned EyeTV for years.  It is not very reliable software.  I get much better  results using my Slingboxes.  I no longer use EyeTV at all, I do not like it.

With Slingbox I can watch TV on my Nexus 7, iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 8.9", and any Windows or OS X computer.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...