Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What device or devices do you use for Streaming Sporting events via the Internet?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

First I would like to thank Chris for adding this new Internet streaming Sports forum.

I personally order sporting events that I can stream, they are in almost all cases way cheaper then ordering from Cable TV or Satellite. With more Streams coming from UFC, MLB, NHL and Willow we have tons of choices and they just keep getting better.

I use GoFightLive.TV on a regular basis

My idea for this part of iptvconnection.com is to create a world leading data base of Sports Streaming.

If you buy an event or season package how does it perform on your streaming device?
What device or devices do you use to watch for example "Willow Cricket" and how was the quality? was it better on this device more so then that device.

I have been experimenting with GFL.TV
They have an app for the ROKU, which works great, but I find using my Boxee Box with it's Browser I get a better video quality. but that wasn't the case 4 months ago. So with updates always coming there will be interesting discussions on what device works best for said Stream.

Thanks, Rich

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Trendy2

Trendy2

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

All I use is my XBox 360 and the ESPN3 client. It's nice to watch some Premier League games and also the American LeMans auto racing series. I would love to watch more soccer/football and F1 races but haven't found a solution for either. I don't watch much American team sports but I'll tune into a MLB or NBA game every now and then if they offer a free game since they seem to be embracing the online content more than anyone else.
"It's going to SPACE!!!..can you give it a second to get back FROM SPACE??!!" - Louis CK

#3 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

I would love to use my Revue box for MLB-TV, if they ever add it to the services you can get with it. I don't understand why they are dragging their feet on adding this service.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#4 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 569 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

I use my PS3, XBOX 360, and Roku.

#5 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

XBox, PS3, iPhone & Nexus Tablet

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#6 OFFLINE   Cool Games

Cool Games

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

IOS , OS X, & Apple TV, Android generics,  FIOS to Panasonic Viera, Dish HD AT250

NOTE:

FOX now owns Speed TV so 2014 begins Daytona Rolex 24 streaming only on Fox Sports GO !

I have no path to service first time in 10 years !

Dish DP501, ViP722-HD
Panasonic Viera L58E60

Panasonic DMP BD65

Apple TV gen 1 (XBMC) & 2
Pioneer Elite VSX74TXVI
Bose AM 16
Panasonic DMRT3040 DVD recorder

Dish viewer since 1984's 3 meter !

:righton: 

#7 OFFLINE   anleva

anleva

Icon

• Registered
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

I use a home theater PC I built connected to my Pioneer plasma display.

#8 OFFLINE   Ivtec

Ivtec

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:53 PM

IOS , OS X, & Apple TV, Android generics,  FIOS to Panasonic Viera, Dish HD AT250

NOTE:

FOX now owns Speed TV so 2014 begins Daytona Rolex 24 streaming only on Fox Sports GO !

I have no path to service first time in 10 years !

Foxsports socks since they lost Premier Ship soccer league

Protected By... spam firewall...And...