Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Roku & Vudu audio

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fortnerw

fortnerw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

I have the top Roku box with HDMI 1080P output. Just activated Vudu . My AV receiver does not do hdmi. l run the hdmi to my tv and then optical from tv to av rec. All devices and other movie channels on roku does 5.1 but vudu says audio not supported. If I go into my tv menuand set audio to stereo from 5.1 it will have stereo audio. Wonder if this is a vudu/roku issue or my issue. Any thoughts?
Directv since Oct 1994
HR23 with VOD
H24-700
BlueRay with Netflix Streaming
Roku-Amazon Prime

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,163 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

I have the top Roku box with HDMI 1080P output. Just activated Vudu . My AV receiver does not do hdmi. l run the hdmi to my tv and then optical from tv to av rec. All devices and other movie channels on roku does 5.1 but vudu says audio not supported. If I go into my tv menuand set audio to stereo from 5.1 it will have stereo audio. Wonder if this is a vudu/roku issue or my issue. Any thoughts?

You should be getting 5.1 on Vudu but there might be an issue with optical output with the Vudu app. If your 5.1 works with other things on your Roku box then its probably not you. Do you have the latest firmware on the Roku?

#3 OFFLINE   fortnerw

fortnerw

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yes I do Chris. I do have vudu on my Blue Ray Player with optical output and it works fine. This is a mystery to me . I will let you know when I work it out
Directv since Oct 1994
HR23 with VOD
H24-700
Roku-Amazon Prime

#4 OFFLINE   fortnerw

fortnerw

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Well I have checked the Vudu app several times in the last few days. Strangely enough the system is operating almost normal. Most of the movies that I have tried the 2min viewing audio is normal 5.1 DD but occassionaly I still get the audio not supported. I suspect they are tweeking the system.
Directv since Oct 1994
HR23 with VOD
H24-700
Roku-Amazon Prime

spam firewall