Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

can the dtv android app control 16 boxes?

h25 ipad android

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thecookiemonstor

thecookiemonstor

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

i am doing some research. i have 16 h25 hd boxes hooked to a swim 16 module. if i add a deca for network access will it allow the app to control the boxes. also will swm 16 bridge bothsides of the switch?  thanks in advance

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BosFan

BosFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAltoona, WI

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

The android app doesn't "control" any boxes, it is for scheduling recordings and watching on demand content.Can it see all of the DVRs you would want to record too? Yes. The iPad app does control the what is on your network, will it see all 16? I assume so but only have three myself.

Living room: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30, HR23-700, Sony BDP-N460, Yamaha HTR-6140, Harmony 700
Family room: Vizio SV421XVT, HR24-500, Sony PlayStation 3, Yamaha R-7, Harmony 700
Bedroom: Vizio VA26L, HR21-200
SL-3, DECA, Whole-Home DVR, DTV since 4/09

Life isn’t like a box of chocolates…it’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your *** tomorrow.
---Author Unknown

#3 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 624 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

The android app doesn't "control" any boxes, it is for scheduling recordings and watching on demand content.Can it see all of the DVRs you would want to record too? Yes. The iPad app does control the what is on your network, will it see all 16? I assume so but only have three myself.

My android app has a "Remote" option in the bar across the top that controls both my DVRs.   I would assume each of your networked units would have its own unique IP in your LAN such that the app can control it.

DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,943 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

an iPad in "commercial" mode would be what you are looking for.
  • BosFan likes this
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   BosFan

BosFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAltoona, WI

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

My android app has a "Remote" option in the bar across the top that controls both my DVRs.   I would assume each of your networked units would have its own unique IP in your LAN such that the app can control it.

The app I have on my Galaxy s2 that is provided by D* doesn't have that capability, I do have a third party app called DirecTV Remote by Wired DFW that does control my 3 DVRs. Be curious to know that the app you have is actually from D* and if so why mine doesn't do this. I'd love to have all the functionality of the iPad app on my Android.

Living room: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30, HR23-700, Sony BDP-N460, Yamaha HTR-6140, Harmony 700
Family room: Vizio SV421XVT, HR24-500, Sony PlayStation 3, Yamaha R-7, Harmony 700
Bedroom: Vizio VA26L, HR21-200
SL-3, DECA, Whole-Home DVR, DTV since 4/09

Life isn’t like a box of chocolates…it’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your *** tomorrow.
---Author Unknown

#6 OFFLINE   mikek

mikek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 416 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Yes the app is from directv.  It is designed for larger tablets so it won't show up on the play store for phones or small tablets.  I have it sideloaded on my 7 inch tablet and it is great.  Much better than the DFW app.

• makaiguy likes this

#7 OFFLINE   mikek

mikek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 416 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Can it control 16 boxes?  I think it would get bogged down trying to get a unified playlist.

#8 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 624 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yes the app is from directv.  It is designed for larger tablets so it won't show up on the play store for phones or small tablets.  I have it sideloaded on my 7 inch tablet and it is great.  Much better than the DFW app.

Yeah, I'm on as 7" Acer Iconia A110. Until you mentioned it, I forgot that I had to side load it.

Search for "DIRECTV for Tablets" on googleplay.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#9 OFFLINE   SkyHunterSky

SkyHunterSky

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLouisville

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

You can control the irds from your android app for tablets but not from android cellphone directv app the tablet app itt does have a remote like the ipad app. Keep in mind every system has 16 moca nodes so you should have no issues !!!!

Edited by SkyHunterSky, 29 April 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: h25, ipad, android

Protected By... spam firewall...And...