Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Equipment upgrade

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

I have two TV's going from a splitter to their own boxes. In other words, the line coming from outside is connected to a splitter.  Then from the splitter, two lines go to two different receivers. The HD is very good anyway.  If they add a third box via splitter from the same line, will that affect the Hd Quality?                                                                                                                                                                                                                        |

If you have a SWM, which I'm assuming you do, then no the splitter will not hurt the HD signal.  Does the splitter have a green sticker on it?

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   n3vino

n3vino

Godfather

• Registered
  • 374 posts
  • LocationLeon Valley(San Antonio), Texas

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

If you have a SWM, which I'm assuming you do, then no the splitter will not hurt the HD signal.  Does the splitter have a green sticker on it?

Yes, I believe it does have a green sticker.  There is one outside that connects cable 1 and 2, and one at the end of cable 1 with two cables going to two different receivers.  I do have swm.  However, when I get the Genie, I will have 9 tuners, so I assume he'll have to upgrade to swm 16, unless he talks me into a client to replace an H25.  Can the client access the HR24 also?

Edited by n3vino, 03 May 2013 - 07:16 PM.

1 HDR 34

1 HDR 24-500
2 HD 25's
Slimline Dish 3LNB
Whole Home DVR

Epa, Epa, Andale, Andale, Arriba, Arriba, Eeeha

#43 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,344 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

I have two TV's going from a splitter to their own boxes. In other words, the line coming from outside is connected to a splitter.  Then from the splitter, two lines go to two different receivers. The HD is very good anyway.  If they add a third box via splitter from the same line, will that affect the Hd Quality?                                                                                                                                                                                                                        |

We would need to know what "splitter" you actually have. so a picture or model number will help greatly.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#44 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Yes, I believe it does have a green sticker.  There is one outside that connects cable 1 and 2, and one at the end of cable 1 with two cables going to two different receivers.  I do have swm.  However, when I get the Genie, I will have 9 tuners, so I assume he'll have to upgrade to swm 16, unless he talks me into a client to replace an H25.  Can the client access the HR24 also?

If you have a Genie plus 1 HD DVR and 1 HD receiver, you'll only be at 8 tuners.  A SWM16 wouldn't be neccessary.  The splitter would need to be more than a 1in/2out though.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#45 OFFLINE   n3vino

n3vino

Godfather

• Registered
  • 374 posts
  • LocationLeon Valley(San Antonio), Texas

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

If you have a Genie plus 1 HD DVR and 1 HD receiver, you'll only be at 8 tuners.  A SWM16 wouldn't be neccessary.  The splitter would need to be more than a 1in/2out though.

I'm shooting for 1 HR24, 2 H25, and I HR34.   That's what I ordered.  I already have the HR24 and the two H25's.  I guess I'll have to wait for the tech to determine what goes where, based on the wiring I already have. 

Edited by n3vino, 04 May 2013 - 07:08 AM.

1 HDR 34

1 HDR 24-500
2 HD 25's
Slimline Dish 3LNB
Whole Home DVR

Epa, Epa, Andale, Andale, Arriba, Arriba, Eeeha

Protected By... spam firewall...And...