Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ESPN

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 887 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

I was wondering how many other viewers out there find themselves watching less and less ESPN. The only time I tune now is for games.  The constant Tebow, what should the Lakers do, how can "we" fix the Yankees/Jets stories are tired and old.  It feels like ESPN Sportscenter has become less about sports and more of a show like ET, OMG Insider etc.  They are trying to manufacture the stories rather than reporting on the news.

Today pretty much was the final straw for me, with the breaking news about Jason Collins "coming out," the great NBA Playoff games, and some good baseball over the weekend.  ESPN was leading their day off with Tebow stories from different angles, how the Lakers can be fixed, what should Dwight Howard do next year, and how Geno Smith will fit in the Jets QB rotation. 

Sadly, at least to me and many of my friends (west coast people), ESPN and Sportscenter have become a joke compared to what it use to be.  I remember planning what I would do around Sportscenter, I couldn't wait to watch what happened each day in sports.  Now I could care less, if it's on I will watch for a few minutes but it's just not the same. 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,543 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

I watch it a lot. I never miss PTI, Around The Horn. I love 30 For 30, SEC Storied, E: 60, and other documentaries.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,426 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Just PTI for me, the occasional game, and 30 for 30 once in awhile. I haven't watched SportsCenter in a couple of years.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,010 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

I watch PTI and Around the Horn almost religiously... I DVR whenever I'm not at home to watch live.  I also enjoy the 30-for-30 and some other documentaries.  When there is a serious story, Outside the Lines is still good... but I agree, Sportscenter is not the "must see tv" it used to be for me...  I've mostly drifted away from that in recent years.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

#5 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

I just watch SportsCenter pretty regularly.   Mainly I have it on when I get in the bed and turn it on while getting ready for work in the mornings.  The Tebow coverage didin't bother me, but their fascination with the Lakers and everything related to them has gotten old.  Of course, I'm not a NBA fan...

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

spam firewall