Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

OTA for Fresno DMA 55

Dish VIP722k

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rlbfsb

rlbfsb

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'm having problems with the Fresno ABC affiliate Channel 30 on Dish with a VIP722k.  We just replaced it and when we scaned the local channels it was added but the listing never appeared.  All of the other local channels are fine just this one and the sub-channels.

1. Channel 30-1, 30-2 and 30-3
2. They all show Digital Service
3. This is the local ABC affiliate in Fresno
4. Fresno, CA DMA 55

If you need any additional information just let me know.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Check and see if 030-01 is listed as KSFN if it is it is the same on mine and KSFN is wrong,should be KFSN.I believe that minor ID problem is not letting the program information be listed even though the right program information is listed for the local satellite 30.But it's listed right as KFSN.

Edited by Jhon69, 04 May 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

If you do a scan and pick up new channels, it will say Digital Service at first until the guide updates.  To force a guide update, you could hit the reset button or unplug it, wait 5 seconds and plug it back in.

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#4 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

If you continue to have issues with the program guide for this channel, please PM me your receiver number so I can submit a trouble report to our porgramming department.  Thanks.

I'm having problems with the Fresno ABC affiliate Channel 30 on Dish with a VIP722k.  We just replaced it and when we scaned the local channels it was added but the listing never appeared.  All of the other local channels are fine just this one and the sub-channels.

1. Channel 30-1, 30-2 and 30-3
2. They all show Digital Service
3. This is the local ABC affiliate in Fresno
4. Fresno, CA DMA 55

If you need any additional information just let me know.

#5 OFFLINE   rlbfsb

rlbfsb

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

If you continue to have issues with the program guide for this channel, please PM me your receiver number so I can submit a trouble report to our porgramming department.  Thanks.

I not sure how to PM you but I can give you additional information.  We also have a VIP211K where the local channel 30-1 had the guide data.  The VIP722K is a replacement for one where the hard drive was failing.  The old receive had the guide data for this channel but when I scan the local channels with the replacement receiver channel 30-1 showed the call letters KSFN which is incorrect (the correct call letters are KFSN).  I try changing it like an earlier post suggested but it didn't help.  I've also reset the receiver several time but that didn't help either.  If you tell me how to PM you I'll give my receive number and any additional information that you may need.

#6 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

I sent you a PM.  Thanks.

I not sure how to PM you but I can give you additional information.  We also have a VIP211K where the local channel 30-1 had the guide data.  The VIP722K is a replacement for one where the hard drive was failing.  The old receive had the guide data for this channel but when I scan the local channels with the replacement receiver channel 30-1 showed the call letters KSFN which is incorrect (the correct call letters are KFSN).  I try changing it like an earlier post suggested but it didn't help.  I've also reset the receiver several time but that didn't help either.  If you tell me how to PM you I'll give my receive number and any additional information that you may need.

#7 ONLINE   Art7220

Art7220

Godfather

• Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

Can't you go OTA box or use the Roku? All their shows are on Torrent anyway.

#8 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Can't you go OTA box or use the Roku? All their shows are on Torrent anyway.

There are several ways around this problem my HDTV's OTA tuner does not have this problem,but because it does'nt and KFSN 30 is an ABC affiliate with ties to Disney makes one wonder if this is a sign of things to come, considering DISH's problems with Disney.Then there is Primetime Anytime which DISH would like their subscribers to use with their Hopper and HWS for their locals instead of a OTA tuner.

#9 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

There are several ways around this problem my HDTV's OTA tuner does not have this problem,but because it does'nt and KFSN 30 is an ABC affiliate with ties to Disney makes one wonder if this is a sign of things to come, considering DISH's problems with Disney.Then there is Primetime Anytime which DISH would like their subscribers to use with their Hopper and HWS for their locals instead of a OTA tuner.

Never let it be said when I am wrong I do not admit it.I rescanned my OTA channels today and my HDTV's digital tuner came up with KSFN also instead of KFSN so the problem with the station call letters are the station's problem.I sent out an email today to the station KFSN 30 today asking them to please correct the problem,we shall see and hope they can correct this problem quickly.

Edited by Jhon69, 14 May 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Well yesterday they corrected the Call Letters to KFSN,but so far no program information has been downloaded. :confused:

Guess I will try another email to the station.

Well my digital tuner on my HDTV is having no problems showing KFSN's program information now,so it would seem now the programming information problem with KFSN's programming information is with DISH's OTA tuner.

:confused:

The only other thing I have noticed(besides no program info for KFSN) is there is no ABC channel logo beside the station's call letters as there was before.It would be comical if the solution to this problem could be something as simple as a missing network channel logo.

Edited by Jhon69, 20 May 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

This problem has been fixed,Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dish, VIP722k

spam firewall