Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Programming Guide FAIL

programming guide sports NHL playoffs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cnsrvative

Cnsrvative

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

I know I am in the minority, but would it kill Dish Network to update their programming guide?  The NHL Playoffs start tomorrow night and although there are "time blocks" on some channels (NHL Hockey - teams to be determined) they all appear as the SAME game - so I choose to record the series, but it only sets to record the first one because all of the others are seen a repeat events.  

Also - games are scheduled on CNBC - and they don't even show on the program guide - so those of us that want to watch Boston and Toronto (not sure anyone would have interest in Boston....) - won't be able to unless we record every show in the time slot and manually go back through and watch it in bits.

I try to CHAT with DIsh Support about when the programming guide will be updated "I was wondering when Dish was going to upgrade the program guide so I can record the NHL playoffs..."  Their response - "Yes, you can record the game.".  My question - "The program guide does not show the games on CNBC at all."  Their response: "Yes, I see CNBC is part of your package."

So - BIG FAIL to Dish Network from a 15+ year subscriber.  Their Hopper nearly shifted me to DIrectTV due to initial problems and terrible support, this may be the final straw for me...

Oh, and their "5 Day Game FInder" - FAIL - it does not find ANY of the playoff games in the next 5 days.

Edited by Cnsrvative, 29 April 2013 - 09:08 PM.

• Blackhawks likes this

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Blackhawks

Blackhawks

• Registered
  • 22 posts
  • LocationChicago Area

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

This is most likely due to the person(s) being from an overseas call center. This is typical.

• Cablevision of Chicago (Became Continental Cable, MediaOne Cable, TCI & Comcast) Customer: 1983 - 2005 .
  • Ameritech Cellular: 1991 - 1994
  • Cellular One (Changed Name to Cingular & AT&T Mobility) Customer: 1995 - 2010
  • AT&T HSI Customer: 1996 - 2010
  • XM Radio (Now SiriusXM) Customer: 2001 - Present 
  • DISH Network Customer: 2005 - 2012
  • AT&T U-Verse Internet Customer: 2010 - Present
  • Verizon Wireless Customer: 2010 - Present
  • DirecTV Customer: 2012 - Present  

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,104 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

As for the guide issue, it's not Dish's problem. They get their guide data from the same place almost everyone else does, Tribune.

I see the exact same thing on DirecTV,

#4 OFFLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

so I choose to record the series, but it only sets to record the first one because all of the others are seen a repeat events.

My 722 has an option to record repeat events. Hopefully your newer Hopper still has that option.

#5 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

I know I am in the minority, but would it kill Dish Network to update their programming guide?  The NHL Playoffs start tomorrow night and although there are "time blocks" on some channels (NHL Hockey - teams to be determined) they all appear as the SAME game - so I choose to record the series, but it only sets to record the first one because all of the others are seen a repeat events.  

Also - games are scheduled on CNBC - and they don't even show on the program guide - so those of us that want to watch Boston and Toronto (not sure anyone would have interest in Boston....) - won't be able to unless we record every show in the time slot and manually go back through and watch it in bits.

I try to CHAT with DIsh Support about when the programming guide will be updated "I was wondering when Dish was going to upgrade the program guide so I can record the NHL playoffs..."  Their response - "Yes, you can record the game.".  My question - "The program guide does not show the games on CNBC at all."  Their response: "Yes, I see CNBC is part of your package."

So - BIG FAIL to Dish Network from a 15+ year subscriber.  Their Hopper nearly shifted me to DIrectTV due to initial problems and terrible support, this may be the final straw for me...

Oh, and their "5 Day Game FInder" - FAIL - it does not find ANY of the playoff games in the next 5 days.

When your nightly updates occur you will get the updated guide and all the changes as far as scheduling for major sports schedule. As well by using our Game Finder app will allow you to find the games in your area. If you have the Hopper or Hopper w/Sling there is a game finder app on there. I will provide you the link to check all times and channels in your area: http://www.mydish.com/gamefinder/

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: programming, guide, sports, NHL playoffs

Protected By... spam firewall...And...