Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Bundling Offers

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

Just a heads up, starting May 2nd, D* will allow customers to select more than one internet and phone partner in some zip codes. This will alllow customers more options for bundling. They are also partnering up with Hughes Net and on May 16 MediaCom in some areas. May is an exciting month for Directv customers!

Edited by Volatility, 30 April 2013 - 03:20 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

I had decided not to bundle because of comments here that WIndstream is a terrible internet provider. Are you saying I can still get the Directv bundle price (about $10 a month less than the already low $59 bucks I'm paying now) if I choose to bundle a month later (now) with another provider?

#3 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Exactly. So if you do not like the original partner in your area like as you stated Windstream, you can get the option of another provider like say ViaSat, HughesNet, MediaCom... 10.00 off internet and 15.00 triple play with phone and internet

#4 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Also MediaCom is only offered in the Midwest and South Eastern United States

#5 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

I checked out all three and none offer what I'm getting with Time Warner, pains in the neck that they are. Thanks anyway.

Edited by mystic7, 30 April 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,291 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Well, Charlotte NC is considered South Eastern US, isn't it? I've never heard of any of these companies. Do they offer cable like speeds?

ViaSat and HughesNet are internet by satellite companies.  They advertised about 10 to 15 Mbps, but you actually get about 8Mbps average, latency is HUGE however.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

I've seen multiple options over a year ago in a very select area of the country where more than one provider is available.  I can only imagine there will be VERY few locations where this will be available, only because you can rarely get more than one to begin with.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#8 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

I am bundling my land line (AT&T) to get $5 a month. Is DirecTV going to partner with Cox (for internet)? If I bundled Cox, would I get another $5 discount?

Edited by SledgeHammer, 30 April 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

I am bundling my land line (AT&T) to get $5 a month. Is DirecTV going to partner with Cox (for internet)? If I bundled Cox, would I get another $5 discount?

Highly doubt it.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#10 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

It depends on the customer's zip code. I was in a hurry when I typed that as in between calls (helps day go by faster). Depending on the zip code, their will be up to four bundle provider options for some customes. These will be 1 cable provider, 1 telco provider (ATT/Verizon i.e.) and 2 Sat Internet Providers. Phone and internet will have to come from the same provider and one can not take one service from one provider and another from another provider. As far as very few locations, we will see I guess. I was thinking it would start off that way and maybe expand to more areas. Maybe.

Edited by Volatility, 30 April 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

I doubt it, but then again I doubted they would ever bundle with Mediacom but here we go. Optimism is key :). Also as always thanks everyone for your inputs

Edited by Volatility, 30 April 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Kindly please do not private message me asking what telco provider is available in your area as I can not look that up like that-ya may wanna call in. :)

#13 OFFLINE   PackFan

PackFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Unfortunately, CenturyLink only offers 1.5 Mbps at my house... Sad.

#14 OFFLINE   snowden2876

snowden2876

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Direct tv bundles with AT&T. Internet. Saves me $5 a month...

#15 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

Unfortunately, CenturyLink only offers 1.5 Mbps at my house... Sad.

lol that is sad. How much is it a month? 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...