Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv billed me for the next month after I canceled my account

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thomas_d92

thomas_d92

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

I canceled my account on 4/27/13 to avoid another billing cycle. I always get billed on the 29th of the month. So what is in my e-mail inbox today a new monthly statement. Well with DTV new hours you cannot get anyone till 8:00 am. I am very upset with DTV about this. So everybody  who is thinking about dropping DTV watch your account after you cancel they try to get money from you for not watching and you thought you were done with them. I will call them when they open and try to find out who screwed up.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

I hope you managed to find a way to kill the 8 minutes between the time you posted this and the time their phone lines opened. Why are people such babies? They made a mistake (I've mentioned before it's convenient for them how the mistakes always benefit them, not us) but I'm sure you got it straightened out already as of 8:45 a.m. I had Time Warner adjust my bill from $111.48 to $58.96 after cancelling my cable and phone, leaving only internet service. I paid that bill, only to find that they've added $26.00 to this months bill for "unpaid partial charges" on last months bill. I was on chat with a CSR for over an hour trying to get that sorted out. Adding charges to a previous month's bill that was already paid in full, now THAT's bogus.

#3 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,313 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

I canceled my account on 4/27/13 to avoid another billing cycle. I always get billed on the 29th of the month. So what is in my e-mail inbox today a new monthly statement. Well with DTV new hours you cannot get anyone till 8:00 am. I am very upset with DTV about this. So everybody  who is thinking about dropping DTV watch your account after you cancel they try to get money from you for not watching and you thought you were done with them. I will call them when they open and try to find out who screwed up.

You canceled Saturday and are "very upset" with your Monday billing? Give us all a break. The billing department doesn't work over the weekend. I'm sure your bill will be straightened out in a few days and you won't owe any more money.

Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#4 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Their systems can't generate a new bill after the account is closed.  You mentioned you get billed on the 29th but is that your bill cycle date or is that the day your autopay goes through?  Check your bills to see what your bill cycle date is and make sure that is what you're talking about, not the day you actually make the payment.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#5 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

I work in the dept that handles disconnect request, and their is no possible way you can have a bill generated for a full month of services for a month the services were not even used. You should check your bgi cycle.

Their systems can't generate a new bill after the account is closed.  You mentioned you get billed on the 29th but is that your bill cycle date or is that the day your autopay goes through?  Check your bills to see what your bill cycle date is and make sure that is what you're talking about, not the day you actually make the payment.

As far as the systems generating a bill after the account is closed, yes that can happend but depends but I mean it wouldn't be a full month of unused services per the Thread Starter (I think that is what you meant sleeper). It would be the disconnect statement that is generated 8 days after disconnect. If you paid the bill in full before disconnecting you will have a credit on the disconnect statement from the date it was cancelled to the end of the billing cycle. If you were recieving a credit intended to keep your buisness with D*, that credit may be reversed and show up as a charge on the disconnect statement if you have not maintained active billed service for at least 60 days. So lets say their was a one time credit of 100.00 to keep your buisness. If you did not fulfill your promise of staying with this credit, you can expect to possibly have a 100.00 charge on your disconnect statement depending on the credit code used. Also if their were any unreported PPV purchases or events, it can show up on the disconnect statement depending on when the set top box was returned.

There really is no way of telling what happend without you posting what is stated on the final bill. What are the exact charges you are seeing?

Edited by Volatility, 30 April 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

I work in the dept that handles disconnect request, and their is no possible way you can have a bill generated for a full month of services for a month the services were not even used. You should check your bgi cycle.

As far as the systems generating a bill after the account is closed, yes that can happend but depends but I mean it wouldn't be a full month of unused services per the Thread Starter (I think that is what you meant sleeper).

Yeah, you still get a final statement, I just meant the system can't populate a new recurring bill when the account is in disconnect status.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#7 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yeah, you still get a final statement, I just meant the system can't populate a new recurring bill when the account is in disconnect status.

And that it can't. The OP needs to call them and ask or post the charges he is seeing here as we can't really help being in the dark what charges he is actually seeing. Also that paragraph was more meant for the OP as I knew you already knew that sleeper.

Edited by Volatility, 30 April 2013 - 11:44 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,332 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

The TS has not replied since the OP. perhaps everything is taken care of?
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...