Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

On Demand Content Directv VS Dish

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jclangston

jclangston

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

I was curious to know if Dish has as much On Demand content as Directv.  For example, with D*, you can watch every year of every series on all of the premium channels.  

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PCampbell

PCampbell

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

You may want to post this on the Dish side.

DirecTV since 1996

Slimline 5 SWM 16
HR24-100
HR24-500
HR24-500

HR44-500
ATT uverse internet

#3 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

You may want to post this on the Dish side.

Why? As he is asking a comparison of the two companies. Both On Demand services require an internet connection to download the majority of the content. Some of the new release PPVs are pushed through the sattelite for both companies. Both offer over 5000 on demand content. Both have premiums on demand. Both have "channels" on demand that arent actually regular channels like the Animie Network. It is interesting to note for some reason Dish invested in a whole lot of broadband they aren't using at the moment. They have something up their sleeves unbeknowst to D*.

Edited by Volatility, 30 April 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   PCampbell

PCampbell

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

I thought a Dish customer may know more about Dish on demand then us.

• sigma1914 likes this

DirecTV since 1996

Slimline 5 SWM 16
HR24-100
HR24-500
HR24-500

HR44-500
ATT uverse internet

#5 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

I thought a Dish customer may know more about Dish on demand then us.

I see where you are going though I think this thread would do better in the general satellite discussion thread to avoid bias

Edited by Volatility, 30 April 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

The way he worded his post, and his avatar lead me to believe he most likley already has DirecTV or has at least been exposed to it quite a bit, and he knows about DirecTV's On Demand offerings already.  Therefore I agree with the others, if he wants a better idea of what Dish offers for On Demand it probably would be better to ask in their forum.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#7 OFFLINE   jclangston

jclangston

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Yes i was just wanting a comparison.  Thanks for the replies...and I am a D* subscriber.  

Protected By... spam firewall...And...