Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Phillies at Indians tonight - will I be blacked out?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   eileen22

eileen22

Godfather

• Registered
  • 374 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

I think I know the answer to this question, but since this is a scenario that rarely happens, I want to double check.  The Phillies are in Cleveland today and Wednesday.  I am a DTV customer (and Cleveland fan) in the Philly market.  As such, I don't get any Phillies games when they are broadcast on the Comcast RSN's, because of the ongoing dispute between Comcast and DirecTV.  The only Phillies games I get are when they are on the local Philly 57 CW network.

I watch Indians games on the Cleveland RSN, channel 662 STO/FSO.  Will the games be blacked out for me for the next two days, since those games are also carried on the Philly side by Comcast?  Does it matter that the games are in Cleveland and not in Philly?  Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,722 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

Yes, you're going to be blacked out because CSN Philly has the exclusive rights to show the game in the Philly market.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#3 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

As a lifelong Indians' fan myself, given the way our Tribe has played the last few years, you may be FORTUNATE that the games are blacked out in Philly! :)

Edited by George_T, 30 April 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Your in the Philly CSN market.You will be blacked out.

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#5 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Same thing happens to me in Tillamook, Oregon when it comes to the Blazers.  Their games are on Comcast Sports Northwest and I have absolutely no way to see that channel out here where I live as the only tv options are DirecTV, Dish Network, and Charter all of which Coincast has refused to negotiate with (by offering some idiotic amount of like $5 a subscriber for the channel, knowing that these other carriers will refuse, thus, it forces people in the city to have to switch to Coincast in order to see the Blazers).  The problem is, I couldn't switch to Comcast even if I wanted to where I live.  Therefore, I stopped caring about the Blazers and I just follow the other 29 teams instead.  I honstly hope the Blazers organization folds.

#6 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Same thing happens to me in Tillamook, Oregon when it comes to the Blazers.  Their games are on Comcast Sports Northwest and I have absolutely no way to see that channel out here where I live as the only tv options are DirecTV, Dish Network, and Charter all of which Coincast has refused to negotiate with (by offering some idiotic amount of like $5 a subscriber for the channel, knowing that these other carriers will refuse, thus, it forces people in the city to have to switch to Coincast in order to see the Blazers).  The problem is, I couldn't switch to Comcast even if I wanted to where I live.  Therefore, I stopped caring about the Blazers and I just follow the other 29 teams instead.  I honstly hope the Blazers organization folds.

Don't blame the Blazers on this.  Last I heard they had an ongoing lawsuit with Comcast over it, because they want DirecTV, Dish, etc. to have the channel just as much as you do.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#7 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,566 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Don't blame the Blazers on this.  Last I heard they had an ongoing lawsuit with Comcast over it, because they want DirecTV, Dish, etc. to have the channel just as much as you do.

Why not blame the Blazers? They didn't do their homework and just jumped on the money. They have a bigger responsibility to themselves than just seeing the biggest dollar signs when it may hurt the product long term.

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#8 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

I am in the Lancaster, PA area (considered part of the Philly sports market), but this game was live last night on STO (Fox Sports Cleveland) last night.  In Center City Philly.. who knows.  Comcrap owns that area.  ;-)

HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#9 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

I 100% blame the Blazers for alienating their fanbase by signing on with Comcast and agreeing to give 100% exclusivity and negotiating rights to Comcast without doing their homework on how Comcast's business model operates by being as anti competitive as possible.  Pretty sure their contract goes for over a decade too so half the people in the state will never see them play on TV again for god knows how long.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...