Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie, 0x06BE - Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   betterdan

betterdan

Icon

• Registered
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

My HR34 must have rebooted overnight the other night too. I woke up yesterday and saw it was on.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

If I showed you my Pm's perhaps you would change your mind. Either way, i speak what is on my mind. fanboys may not like it, yet these are real issues that people are having, not smoke and daggers. Some may not like it, thats ok, no biggie....

Like Laxguy said, report the details of bugs you've found in the appropriate issues thread, like this one. Nothing wrong with that. What I've seen over the years is legitimate issues get logged and fixed when they get fixed, based on priorities. Being a squeaky wheel or critical of how DirecTV allocates engineering resources isn't going to make them get resolved any faster, as much as you wish it might.

Re: being scolded in PMs, unless it's from a super moderator, I wouldn't worry about it. If you feel you're being harassed by a fellow DBSTalker, that's bad behavior, IMO, and probably what the "report a member" button is for. Just my .02.

/steve

#23 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,304 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

If I showed you my Pm's perhaps you would change your mind. Either way, i speak what is on my mind. fanboys may not like it, yet these are real issues that people are having, not smoke and daggers. Some may not like it, thats ok, no biggie....

It seems we're talking past one another. If a person keeps ragging on a specific thing, or is just obstreperous, he or she will get chastised. And I am not saying this applies to you, except you used the phrase "bringing them up all the time". Really, nothing to do with fanbois or haters. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#24 OFFLINE   jsauser11

jsauser11

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Getting live TV (sat and OTA through AM-21) blackouts daily with 0x6be firmware. REPORTALL sent (20130508-07D).

Ran system test, but before it would run, notified me:

"The process you've requested conflicts with the following scheduled event(s): Title Not Available 5:51p 8887 *DTV, Are you sure you want to interrupt?"

I said yes, and the system test provided the following:

Diag Code 11-198.

This time, sat and OTA came back after the above, but the 3 previous times, I have had to reboot to get live TV back.

HR34-700, AM21N, H25-100, HR10-250
Whole Home added 11/13/2011 (Swm8)
HR-34 added 4/24/2012

#25 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

Haven't (yet) had a recurrence of my worst favorite bug, e.g., switching between SD channels or HD and SD with QuickTune and having the audio handshake disappear on the SD channel(s) - when I have Dolby switch turned on.

Would be great if this was finally fixed. Though I've always considered this a protocol bug needing an inordinate amount of code to fix.

#26 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Finally got the update last night here in Phoenix. This took awhile.

#27 OFFLINE   cmoss5

cmoss5

1960'S NOSTALGIA

• DBSTalk Club
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Question for anyone withe the Genie as could not find forum for the following question:

I currently have one of my HD DVR' s hooked up to 3 tv's using the RCA cabling and

connector switch  purchased to hook all 3 tvs up as of course whatever is on 1 tv

is on the other 2 at same time (no big deal as is for bathroom,kitchen and computer room)

I also have 3 more HD DVRS  in my house, making it 4 altogether  for my 6 tvs.

SO,DOES THE GENIE HAVE HOOKUP IN BACK IN ADDITIION TO USING

THE GENIE MINI BOXES???

HAD DIRECTV SINCE 1998
4 HD DVRS 1 (HOOKED UP TO 3 TVS)
1 50" PANASONIC PLASMA SCREEN
1 70" SHARP QUATRON SCREEN
1 42" PANASONIC PLASMA SCREEN
1 32" SHARP LCD
1 15" SHARP LCD
1 15" VIZIO LCD

#28 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Finally got the update last night here in Phoenix. This took awhile.

odd, im in Phoenix also and had it for about a week or so now.... Weird.

#29 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,301 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Question for anyone withe the Genie as could not find forum for the following question:

I currently have one of my HD DVR' s hooked up to 3 tv's using the RCA cabling and

connector switch  purchased to hook all 3 tvs up as of course whatever is on 1 tv

is on the other 2 at same time (no big deal as is for bathroom,kitchen and computer room)

I also have 3 more HD DVRS  in my house, making it 4 altogether  for my 6 tvs.

SO,DOES THE GENIE HAVE HOOKUP IN BACK IN ADDITIION TO USING

THE GENIE MINI BOXES???

Yes, the Genie has composite output.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#30 OFFLINE   kram

kram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

I, too, got the black screen with no audio. Had to do a reset. Called Case Management and they opened another incident report. The black screen even happened again while I was on the phone with the rep. "Glad" to read here that I'm not the only one with this problem. Also had a recording playback freeze - again.

SlimLine w/SWM-16 // HR44-700 w/Samsung UN50HU8550 UHD 4K // HR24-200 w/Sony KDL-46XBR9 // HR24-100 w/Samsung UN40ES6100 // Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH A/V Receiver // Samsung Blu-ray BD-6500//
DirecTV since 2000

#31 ONLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

odd, im in Phoenix also and had it for about a week or so now.... Weird.

Not odd at all, rollouts aren't based on geographic location necessarily. 

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#32 OFFLINE   sriggins

sriggins

AllStar

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Just got the update on the 9th it seems.  Rebooted ok, so maybe the HDMI issue is fixed.  Set it back into native, enabled all of my resolutions  but it did not remember any of them.  Only the 1080p checkbox is checked.  480p, 720p, 1080i all unchecked, even after confirming them.

#33 OFFLINE   Tom_S

Tom_S

Icon

• Registered
  • 602 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Just got this update and now the box is overheating.  And this was one of the coldest days of spring so far.  It's only 68 in the family room and the box never exhibited any sign of an overheat issue before.

Panasonic 58PX60U
DirectTV HR34-700, HR24-500, H23-600

No OTA only Sat
AU9(Slimline) SL3 SWM Dish

All 3 receivers connected via DECA and bridged to 8-port Rosewill RC-410X Gigabit Switch.

#34 OFFLINE   lansbury

lansbury

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

The problem with sound still remains. If watching a channel where the sound is broadcast in stero, switching to a channel with surround sound causes the sound to drop. Have to turn my surround sound amp off and on to get the sound back. This is getting beyond a joke that this problem still hasn't been fixed.

#35 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,304 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

The problem with sound still remains. If watching a channel where the sound is broadcast in stero, switching to a channel with surround sound causes the sound to drop. Have to turn my surround sound amp off and on to get the sound back. This is getting beyond a joke that this problem still hasn't been fixed.

What AVR? How is it connected? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#36 OFFLINE   chrisexv6

chrisexv6

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Just got this update and now the box is overheating.  And this was one of the coldest days of spring so far.  It's only 68 in the family room and the box never exhibited any sign of an overheat issue before.

Had an over-temp message on the previous version....cooling fan wasnt turning on it seemed.  After reboot it came on during self-test then the "over temp" screen came on with fan on at full speed until temp came under 50C.

Ran fine for a day after that reboot, then came the "be" version s/w and we're back to 140F and a "cool down" period while rebooting.  As previously, fan was not cycling on/off by itself until I rebooted.

Same as your situation...house is COOLER than normal since heat is not running (and its not hot up here in the northeast), all vents are clear, box in exact same spot its been in since installation, etc.

AT-9 Slimline, Zinwell 6x8 connected to:

Upstairs Panasonic 32LX50 LCD|HR21-200 via HDMI [-networked -native off]|Panasonic RP56 DVD player via component

Living Room Mits 65819 RPTV|HR20-100 via component[-networked -native off -OTA|Panasonic XP30 via component

Basement Olevia 537H LCD|HR20-700 via HDMI [-networked -native off]|Zenith DVB612 via HDMI|Monoprice 5x1 HDMI switch

#37 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Two nights ago I got updated to 0x06D8 then the next morning I started experiencing the picture going black and when the picture came back the tv would display the resolution it was displaying. This happened periodically throughout the evening as well. I did a RBR and it still persisted. I decided to replace the HDMI cable and the problem finally went away. It appears the included HDMI cable with the HR34 was the problem. 

#38 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,906 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

My new Genie received 0x06BE last night at 23:15. Other than the receiver being on this morning have not experienced any issues.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#39 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Had an over-temp message on the previous version....cooling fan wasnt turning on it seemed.  After reboot it came on during self-test then the "over temp" screen came on with fan on at full speed until temp came under 50C.

Ran fine for a day after that reboot, then came the "be" version s/w and we're back to 140F and a "cool down" period while rebooting.  As previously, fan was not cycling on/off by itself until I rebooted.

Same as your situation...house is COOLER than normal since heat is not running (and its not hot up here in the northeast), all vents are clear, box in exact same spot its been in since installation, etc.

I would try to get a replacement if it continues as the fan can be the issue, they might fix it without getting another HR34(or maybe not) if that's the root of the problem otherwise you get another HR34. $20 shipping without protection plan (you might get that waived)
Free replacement with PP.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#40 OFFLINE   chrisexv6

chrisexv6

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

5 days after rebooting again due to higher than safe temps, the system has been running correctly: temp never exceeds 115 or so and most of the time is in the 100-105 range.  Im wondering if some "housekeeping" that was running after the s/w update was heating everything up.

AT-9 Slimline, Zinwell 6x8 connected to:

Upstairs Panasonic 32LX50 LCD|HR21-200 via HDMI [-networked -native off]|Panasonic RP56 DVD player via component

Living Room Mits 65819 RPTV|HR20-100 via component[-networked -native off -OTA|Panasonic XP30 via component

Basement Olevia 537H LCD|HR20-700 via HDMI [-networked -native off]|Zenith DVB612 via HDMI|Monoprice 5x1 HDMI switch

Protected By... spam firewall...And...