Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Just called to see what mover deals were avaliable, ended call with canceling my service

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Just have a random question here on when Directv considers a bill "Past Due"... My father has Directv and his bills come out on the 6th of every month, they are usually have a due date sometime around the 25th of the month. He is now collecting his retirement and gets his check to pay the bills every 3rd of the month. As soon as the 3rd comes around, he makes a debit card payment online to cover the bill.

He has called directv many times and made them aware of this and was told many times that he is not "Past Due" till the new bill comes on on the 6th but, he has also been told that if not paid by the due date its "Past Due"... so i am just curious what is the right answer? what do they do with the people collecting retirement or disibility and only get one check at the beginning of the month?

It may take him a few months to do this, but he should work his budget out to be a month ahead, at least for bills like this one that has the "bad" timing.  In other words, when he gets his retirement check for June, apply it to July's budget - not June's.  Like I said, it may take a few months (or maybe a one time transfer from savings or investments) to get his finances organized this way, but then he'll always have the money in the bank when the bill shows up.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Just have a random question here on when Directv considers a bill "Past Due"... My father has Directv and his bills come out on the 6th of every month, they are usually have a due date sometime around the 25th of the month. He is now collecting his retirement and gets his check to pay the bills every 3rd of the month. As soon as the 3rd comes around, he makes a debit card payment online to cover the bill.

He has called directv many times and made them aware of this and was told many times that he is not "Past Due" till the new bill comes on on the 6th but, he has also been told that if not paid by the due date its "Past Due"... so i am just curious what is the right answer? what do they do with the people collecting retirement or disibility and only get one check at the beginning of the month?

Technically "Past due" means paying anytime after the "Due date" but you don't actually have a "Past due" keeping you from making changes on your account until your next bill has generated.  His bill cycle day doesn't work too well for this option but he could setup an EFT (electronic funds transfer) from his bank account as an auto pay and select between 15 and 25 days after his bill cycle to have the amount come out.  Since his bill cycle seems to be the 5th of the month, he would only be able to push it back to the 30th...  Just throwing out the option, though it probably doesn't help him.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#23 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

There is no "unsubscribe" link on snail mail...lol

there sure is - write

"return to Sender"

on it and drop it in the local snail mail box, may take 2 or 3 but eventually they stop. Worded for me with another company

#24 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,288 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

there sure is - write

"return to Sender"

on it and drop it in the local snail mail box, may take 2 or 3 but eventually they stop. Worded for me with another company

I guess you missed the word "LINK", as in "Hyperlink"  or clickable word and or phrase. there is no such thing, at least on my snail mail 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#25 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 386 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

Technically "Past due" means paying anytime after the "Due date" but you don't actually have a "Past due" keeping you from making changes on your account until your next bill has generated.  His bill cycle day doesn't work too well for this option but he could setup an EFT (electronic funds transfer) from his bank account as an auto pay and select between 15 and 25 days after his bill cycle to have the amount come out.  Since his bill cycle seems to be the 5th of the month, he would only be able to push it back to the 30th...  Just throwing out the option, though it probably doesn't help him.

It may take him a few months to do this, but he should work his budget out to be a month ahead, at least for bills like this one that has the "bad" timing.  In other words, when he gets his retirement check for June, apply it to July's budget - not June's.  Like I said, it may take a few months (or maybe a one time transfer from savings or investments) to get his finances organized this way, but then he'll always have the money in the bank when the bill shows up.

My question was more of a "curious" inquire using my father as an example.... TBH even though he is technically "Past Due" every month and from a upgrade and offer stand point it does looks bad, i don't think he really is gonna be loosing sleep over it. To him it does not matter if its a H or HR series reciever. He has one H25 currently and even if he did have a HR i think we would have a better chance at seeing gas back at a buck a gallon then we would at him using a DVR. Only thing that matters to him is when he pushes that power button, programming appears on the channel that he pays to watch.

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

#26 OFFLINE   tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

So in otherwords it seems like the threat to cancel has worked for everyone else on getting a better deal except for myself.

Didn't work for me either about 6 months ago.  I cancelled and am now getting roughly the same programming from Dish for about $40 a month less for the first year, and about $15 a month less after that, and I no longer have to deal with the dog-slow dvr.  No offers to comer back, either. I was a long-term customer, back to the days of USSB.

#27 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

Even though I have no intention of moving, I wonder what DirecTV would do if I did move and took my dish and all my receivers with me and re-installed the whole thing myself (like I did at my present location).  What would they say if I called and said "I just moved could you please change my address in your records."??  They probably wouldn't know what to do.

happens all the time 

My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#28 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Ya, I moved my DirecTV service and did the installation myself  when I was working for DN.  I call them up to "update" my service address.  no issue there.

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#29 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

there sure is - write

"return to Sender"

That won't work if it's not first class mail, or doesn't have a return to sender endorsement on the envelope.

#30 OFFLINE   shadco

shadco

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hmm

I just called

Free Mover deal

Replace R15, and 2 HR24's with Genie and 2 genie clients

NFL sunday ticket free for next season

HBO Showtime, cinemax HD extra pack free for 6 months

Install new dish etc

Cinema Connection Kit

They haul away my old gear 

Total cost Zero

Curent Bill $119.00

New Bill 78.00

Edited by shadco, 12 May 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#31 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hmm

I just called

Free Mover deal

Replace R15, and 2 HR24's with Genie and 2 genie clients

NFL sunday ticket free for next season

HBO Showtime, cinemax HD extra pack free for 6 months

Install new dish etc

Cinema Connection Kit

They haul away my old gear 

Total cost Zero

Curent Bill $119.00

New Bill 78.00

Awesome deal!.  But I would keep the HR24s instead of the clients.  

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#32 OFFLINE   shadco

shadco

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Awesome deal!.  But I would keep the HR24s instead of the clients.  

Why?

Do they interoperate with the Genie?

#33 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Why?

Do they interoperate with the Genie?

Because having just the Genie and clients is like "having all of your eggs in one basket"  Genie breaks and no TV until Genie gets replaced. plus having HDDVRs gives more tuners to record and you can watch whatever you record on ay DVR 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#34 OFFLINE   inhd40

inhd40

Mentor

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Because having just the Genie and clients is like "having all of your eggs in one basket"  Genie breaks and no TV until Genie gets replaced. plus having HDDVRs gives more tuners to record and you can watch whatever you record on ay DVR 

Good advice.  I wish I had asked someone before I got my genie and clients.

#35 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Good advice.  I wish I had asked someone before I got my genie and clients.

You can still change the order once the  tech is onsite.

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#36 OFFLINE   inhd40

inhd40

Mentor

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

You can still change the order once the  tech is onsite.

My install was 5 months ago unfortunately.  I thought that the clients were the only thing that would work with the genie.

#37 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

My install was 5 months ago unfortunately.  I thought that the clients were the only thing that would work with the genie.

as they say…live and learn…..

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#38 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Even though I have no intention of moving, I wonder what DirecTV would do if I did move and took my dish and all my receivers with me and re-installed the whole thing myself (like I did at my present location).  What would they say if I called and said "I just moved could you please change my address in your records."??  They probably wouldn't know what to do.

It should just be all to easy for not sending a tech and changing your address, unless their computer says otherwise.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...