Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR44 installed

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Saw the first HR44 installed in regular residential service.  Just as I figured, it was in CO(Loveland to be exact).  I'm sure it's not the first, just the fist I've seen outside of any Beta or test markets.

If you're near that area and can get the free upgrade, jump on it!  Make sure it's tech installed though.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

I didn't even realize this was out yet in non beta areas. Honestly I thought it came out in May. lol send me the account number jk

Edited by Volatility, 30 April 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Don't get your hopes up! Loveland, CO is in Denver DMA and they are a beta Market. The HR44 is still in beta markets only.

#4 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

These are the beta markets for the hr44:

Charlotte, NC
Cleveland, OH
Denver, CO
Des Moines, IA
Fresno, CA
Minneapolis, MN
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburg, PA
Raleigh, NC
St Louis, MO
Los Angeles, CA (some areas). I typed in Loveland zip code 80537/80538 in the local channel lookup and sure enough it was in the Denver DMA.

Edited by Volatility, 01 May 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

Yeah, I'm in the Charlotte area and that's what I got when they installed. It's pretty cool but nothing that will stop me from moving to Upstate NY if I ever get the opportunity.

#6 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Yeah, I'm in the Charlotte area and that's what I got when they installed. It's pretty cool but nothing that will stop me from moving to Upstate NY if I ever get the opportunity.

If you move with beta equipment received in your area you can take it outside a beta area. Moving your HR44 from OH----> NY will not be an issue.

Edited by Volatility, 01 May 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• Registered
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Quick question, just how long does D* normally keep a receiver in Beta testing before it is rolled out to the general public ?.. I know everyone is holding their breath waiting for the Hr44 to come out full force.. ;)

#8 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 933 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

Quick question, just how long does D* normally keep a receiver in Beta testing before it is rolled out to the general public ?.. I know everyone is holding their breath waiting for the Hr44 to come out full force.. ;)

Please don't keep holding it, you will die!! Should be June.

#9 OFFLINE   LawHawk

LawHawk

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

I'm in Des Moines and I got a 44 free when I had a problem with my 34.  It's great, and as far as I'm concerned, they can pull that sucker out of beta right now.  I have had zero problems with the receiver itself (did have a non-fatal problem with the remote, though).  

#10 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

If you move with beta equipment received in your area you can take it outside a beta area. Moving your HR44 from OH----> NY will not be an issue.

I was actually editorializing on my desire to get the hell out of N.C. and back to Upstate NY.

#11 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

Miss the taxes? :rotfl:

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...