Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Issues with the forums this evening?

Best Answer David Bott , 30 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

All fixed.  It seems that for some reason upgrading to a current version of PHP made for the issue.  I have sent a note to IP.Board about it.

Thanks again.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Two issues I noticed the forum having tonight on my end. A lot of topics have (...) as the topic but list the correct name of the person who started the topic. This is shown in my first screenshot, and only appears in listings for subformums.

The other issue is shown in the second screenshot. "-1 replies to this topic" uhhh ok?

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-04-30 at 7.14.37 PM.png   92.76KB   55 downloadsAttached File  Screen Shot 2013-04-30 at 7.14.16 PM.png   174KB   75 downloads

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I had just taken a screen capture myself of your first thing...  The forum is abbreviating longer topic names with the "..." which, in my opinion, is not very useful...  so I was just about to bring that to David's attention myself.  I haven't seen your second thing, but then I don't frequent the DirecTV forums.  But that doesn't look right either.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,910 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I first noticed it with a very long thread title, but seems to be happening with ones that were fine before.

I looked at the tips sticky and did not see that one. Started by Guest?

#4 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

No idea at this point what might be making this happen.  I have sent in a support request to IP.Boards to see if they can advise.

Thank you.

• JBv likes this

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,910 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

And it's not doing it now, at least for me.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Same here... I had just finished counting characters to see where they were being dropped (anything longer than 30, FYI)... and then the problem went away for me too.

#7 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:29 PM   Best Answer

All fixed.  It seems that for some reason upgrading to a current version of PHP made for the issue.  I have sent a note to IP.Board about it.

Thanks again.

• JBv likes this

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#8 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

Oh, and the DirecTV forum issue was an old thread with a broken link... and that one was taken care of earlier as well by the Stuart who spells his name wrong ;)

• JBv likes this

#9 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

NOTE...As of this post time...I am again testing this to see if I can find the issue as I need to get to the current version of PHP on the server.

I will advise when I am done playing around.

Thanks

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#10 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

sent you my php info over there, let me know if anything I can do to help.

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#11 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

looks good now :)

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#12 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Yes, we are good now thanks to the above member who spotted the older version a Apache.  Once we upgraded Apache, all was good.

Thanks.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#13 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

I remembered to note this one down just in case :)

darned odd one, now I want to research it to see what the differences were that caused it.

not saying I WILL research it, just I want to. I am lazy LOL :P

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#14 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Now we just need the caches to rebuild so the speed will increase.  A little slower right now, but not a lot. 

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#15 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

since all php modules (with exception of curl) are the same I would expect that work out pretty quickly.

at this point I would see no need to keep curl, the slight reduction of added module cannot hurt and as far as I can tell its not required.

at some point may want to clone over a test board and look at apache 2.4.x (in the cpanel edge builds) and looking at event_mpm, that seemed (to me) to be even more efficient but its not on the cpanel stable release channel yet. I handled 7k online at once with it on a amd phenom 940. not something to just blindly do though, things can go wrong fast LOL

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...