Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ATTENTION: IFC, Centric and Logo Moving

Centric Logo Channel Moves

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,511 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

IFC, channel 298 is moving to channel 133.

Centric, channel 371 is moving to channel 251.

Logo, channel 373 is moving to channel 254.

Please check your timers and adjust accordingly!

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

IFC moved too...  looks like it went from 298 to 133.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,511 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

IFC to 133 is a good move ... creating a nice movie channel grouping (although FOXMO got shuffled out to 384).

DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

I agree... IFC felt odd when it came back to Dish and was somewhat randomly stuck there at 298.  FYI, I didn't rename your thread earlier because I wasn't sure if this was a known move already... though I was pretty sure IFC had been on 298 last I looked and I didn't remember seeing anything until today's uplink.

#5 OFFLINE   bnewt

bnewt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

I guess I just don't understand the purpose of moving these channels

May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

I guess I just don't understand the purpose of moving these channels

The first reason would be to group channels with similar content (or perhaps channels in similar package/tiers) together.

The second reason, might be to make room elsewhere for new channels.  I'm pretty sure on the first reason... the second reason is me being hopeful :)

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,511 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

... though I was pretty sure IFC had been on 298 last I looked and I didn't remember seeing anything until today's uplink.

The "Fox Movie Channel has left" channel was on 133 until that uplink today.  I missed IFC when looking over the moves.

There may be some package changes that will be associated with the moves. The moves populating the 240s and lower 250s are interesting as that area had to be vacated first. I expect there will be more moves.

Some of the channels seemed out of place where they were ... Centric and Logo seemed to be in a good place for being part of Blockbuster@Home. I'm not sure of the value of the new location. Perhaps DISH is considering adding a SD feed?

#8 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

why not move sundance next to ifc?

#9 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

IFC move is welcome.  I never think to check the guide in the 290's but I often look to see what is in the 130's.  I'll watch more  IFC now, I'm sure.

#10 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

There may be some package changes ......

Like dropping HDNMovies from AT250

The Dish Hits just keep on coming.  Add unnecessary fees.  Charge for things without explanation.  Default on long time agreements.  Fire disabled employees as 'undesireable'.  Drop channels.

Yeah, all that and then Spam us about telling our friends about Dish for a measily $50.  Don't worry Dish - I'll be telling everybody I can about you.  Count on it.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#11 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Like dropping HDNMovies from AT250

The Dish Hits just keep on coming.  Add unnecessary fees.  Charge for things without explanation.  Default on long time agreements.  Fire disabled employees as 'undesireable'.  Drop channels.

Yeah, all that and then Spam us about telling our friends about Dish for a measily $50.  Don't worry Dish - I'll be telling everybody I can about you.  Count on it.

If your so unhappy why don't you just leave?

#12 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,525 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

why not move sundance next to ifc?

Perhaps because neither is as much into Indie any more?

Lethal Weapon 3 indeed!

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#13 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,511 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

The channels in that neighborhood (near IFC) are filled. Not that the shopping channels couldn't find a better home but I suspect that ShopNBC and QVC pay for the privilege of being near regular channels.

#14 OFFLINE   lee635

lee635

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

I don't like these moves.  We have the blockbuster @ home, and so get several off-brand movie channels.  It was nice when HDNet Movies was up there in the 300's with all the other movie channels. Now, I have to fish through the guide to scan through the movies that are coming up.  I'd rather have all the movie channels clustered in one area of the channel mapping.  Just my 2 cents.... :righton:

• dennispap likes this
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. - Ghandi

#15 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

You can setup favorite lists containing your favorite channels, which depending on how many channels you have in your list, it could group them closer together.  Thanks.

I don't like these moves.  We have the blockbuster @ home, and so get several off-brand movie channels.  It was nice when HDNet Movies was up there in the 300's with all the other movie channels. Now, I have to fish through the guide to scan through the movies that are coming up.  I'd rather have all the movie channels clustered in one area of the channel mapping.  Just my 2 cents.... :righton:

spam firewall