Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sirius Channel Lineup change coming May 9

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Sirius will be doing some changes to the channel lineup.

See here: http://www.siriusxm.com/channelupdate

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,721 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

A La Carte Customers

A La Carte and A La Carte Gold subscribers will be able to make a one-time adjustment to their channel selections at no charge, on or after May 9th.

That is good news to go along with the shifts ...

I appreciate seeing enLighten move from 18 (the Limited Engagement channel) to a permanent slot. Channel 18 was not available with a la carte. (I don't listen to Southern Gospel often but it is nice to have the option.)

Thanks for posting.

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

I was hoping they'd  add CBS Sports Radio and possibly NBC Sports radio but as of yet doesn't look to be in their plans.

• whitewolf8214 likes this

#4 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Oooo!

A free line up change for us ala carters!

#5 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

I was hoping they'd  add CBS Sports Radio and possibly NBC Sports radio but as of yet doesn't look to be in their plans.

+1

Perhaps I Misremembered.

#6 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

Not only have they not added these channels, now they have REMOVED Fox Sports Radio. 

That's it. I'm out.  :mad2: 

Perhaps I Misremembered.

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,721 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

Clear Channel Sells SiriusXM Stake; Stations To Leave Service
Last Updated on August 2, 2013 at 10:33 am

In its quarterly earnings release Clear Channel announced that it had sold its ownership stake in SiriusXM for $135.5 Million.

With the sale all but two of the Clear Channel programmed stations will depart the XM service on Wednesday, August 28. Departing are rebroadcasts of WLTW New York, WSIX Nashville, and WGCI Chicago as well as CC programmed Sixx Sense, Extreme Talk (home of Todd Schnitt, Artie Lange and WTKS Orlando programming), Talk Radio (carries Quinn & Rose, Rick & Bubba, Alex Jones), ReachMD, Talk Radio (Glenn Beck, Dave Ramsey, Randi Rhodes, Coast To Coast AM), and Fox Sports Radio.

http://radioinsight....-leave-service/

Clear Channel paid for their channel space on SiriusXM ... they have sold their space. It is a situation where Clear Channel has pulled their content - not SiriusXM dropping the channels. But that being said the channels are gone either way.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

And considering who owns and distributes CBS and NBC Sports Radio, you likely won't see them on SiriusXM either.

#9 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Not only have they not added these channels, now they have REMOVED Fox Sports Radio.
That's it. I'm out. :mad2:

Yes i was also upset as these channels were removed :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using DBSTalk mobile app

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#10 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

I'm not so much upset that they removed these channels, although I liked a lot of show on them. 

These have been replaced by .....

NOTHING. 

The amount of talk content is simply less.  For the same price.

#11 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

It was crazy i didnt get any email about the removal of the channels. And i couldn't listen to the Fox pre game show today... :(

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#12 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

They added a bunch of Spanish music channels.  Just what I didn't want.

I'll happy accept less channels IF they bumped up the bitrate (audio quality)!!!!

DirecTV customer since 1996

#13 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

So I emailed fox. And they replied with .. u can listen via iheartradio app.

I sub to XM so I dont have to use my cell data plan smh.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using DBSTalk mobile app

Protected By... spam firewall...And...