Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

iSPy

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

I never used it so not sure if this is same thing or not, just saw some mentioned they missed it

http://ipb.silvester.../1-content-spy/

http://community.inv...ontent-spy-111/

if not the same thing I am sorry.

Edited by David MacLeod, 02 May 2013 - 02:22 PM.

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,539 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

We do have the live feed. More paid addons, and David will need to up the price of club membership to pay for it all :)

#3 ONLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,175 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Dave you will have LIVE FEEDS when you become a club member.  :)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#4 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

sweet, just saw them :)

was not sure if that was the same, I know lot of ipb users liked content spy so figured I would mention it :)

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#5 ONLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

It's not "the same" but kind fo does the same thing and allow for you to also just mark items on the left side.  Not sure the other one does that.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#6 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

It's not "the same" but kind fo does the same thing and allow for you to also just mark items on the left side.  Not sure the other one does that.

Is there a reason why some of the live feed shows only a topic and last person, and some posts are complete in a tabbed view below the topic?

Of course i prefer the last entrie over having to open each in a new window

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,298 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

The feed entries showing post content are new threads -- and replies if the thread start and the reply post are new enough to make the page.

The feed entries with no content are older threads.

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

The feed entries showing post content are new threads -- and replies if the thread start and the reply post are new enough to make the page.

The feed entries with no content are older threads.

Can it be configured so that "New Posts" are displayed in full? Similar to "New Topics" view, but only for a single post?

/steve

#9 ONLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Not at this time.  The request was made to the developer.  But no idea if or when such a change would be made.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#10 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Not at this time.  The request was made to the developer.  But no idea if or when such a change would be made.

Fingers-crossed. It's a nice feature now, but with that change, would be an awesome feature, IMO.

/steve

#11 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

How about the ability to limit the Live Feed to User-Selected Forums, similar to the way that New Content can be filtered?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#12 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

I've found my "new posts" URL to work great for me.

It shows all new posts, and it uses my filter forums setting.

http://www.dbstalk.c...owedItemsOnly=0

http://www.dbstalk.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums&followedItemsOnly=0

The only thing that it doesn't do is automatically refresh, which I don't need, since it's on my browser bookmark bar.

The only issue that I have is that when I hit "next" for page-2 it seems to remember my last "view new content" setting, but usually I'm just looking for the most recent new posts anyway.

DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#13 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,298 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Can it be configured so that "New Posts" are displayed in full? Similar to "New Topics" view, but only for a single post?

That may not be desirable by all ... for example TV Show Talk threads with spoilers in them. There are also a lot of long posts (many mine) that don't need to be quoted in full on that page.

I found a spammer's super long post on that page one night because he had started a thread. Fortunately I saw it and deleted it.A clip of each valid post would be good but full text?

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#14 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

That may not be desirable by all ... for example TV Show Talk threads with spoilers in them. There are also a lot of long posts (many mine) that don't need to be quoted in full on that page.

Live Feed spoilers can happen now with a new topic. No solution is perfect.

I'd personally risk seeing spoilers for the convenience of seeing the latest posts on a single page. Just me, tho.

/steve

#15 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

I found a spammer's super long post on that page one night because he had started a thread. Fortunately I saw it and deleted it.A clip of each valid post would be good but full text?

Doesn't necessarily have to be the full post either, just the first sentence (or so) like it used to. That way you get the gist of the post and can decide whether or not to click on it.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#16 ONLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Doesn't necessarily have to be the full post either, just the first sentence (or so) like it used to. That way you get the gist of the post and can decide whether or not to click on it.

FYI...that is what I requested.

Here was the reply...

http://community.inv...feed/?p=2398002

So at some point it seems we will have it, just not sure when.  Thus one of the issues of plugin and needing to count on others.  :)  But we do what we can and I can not afford a programmer. 

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#17 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

FYI...that is what I requested.

Here was the reply...

http://community.inv...feed/?p=2398002

So at some point it seems we will have it, just not sure when.  Thus one of the issues of plugin and needing to count on others.   :)  But we do what we can and I can not afford a programmer. 

they can't view that post

Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#18 ONLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Opps. I asked about adding some of the reply text...the answer I received from the developer was...

"For the post text... not sure at the moment. My schedule is packed, and I don't have enough time right now to implement that properly. Eventually, yes."

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Protected By... spam firewall...And...