Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Windows 8 and mediashare

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Is there a how to setup this, I done everything I can think of but it still won't see it. Thanks Michael

Michael

My system:
HR44 Genie
HR23-100
(2) R22-100

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,822 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

Microsoft has done some damage to WMS, but you can still access it.  I cannot promise that it will meet your needs.

Try this:  http://techzane.com/...aming-windows-8

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

I am able to see the computer now but all the videos have X's beside them. The couple that don't have X's fail when trying to play them. Thanks Michael

Michael

My system:
HR44 Genie
HR23-100
(2) R22-100

#4 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

I am able to see the computer now but all the videos have X's beside them. The couple that don't have X's fail when trying to play them. Thanks Michael

What file types are they?

EDIT: Have you tried using a virtual server?

Edited by goinsleeper, 06 May 2013 - 10:12 PM.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#5 OFFLINE   Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

I tried Tversity and couldn't get it to work either, I downloaded Serviio and it works great. Thanks

Michael

My system:
HR44 Genie
HR23-100
(2) R22-100

#6 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 921 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

I use an older version of Tversity v1.7.4.1. I believe and it works flawlessly, there are also only certain file type that are compatible

My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#7 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

I tried Tversity and couldn't get it to work either, I downloaded Serviio and it works great. Thanks

Unless you have the one of the older version of Tversity, it is not going to work as it is unsupported now. I used to use Tversity myself but switched to Serviio. Also not all file extensions are compatible.

Edited by Volatility, 12 May 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   Bughead

Bughead

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

I use both Plex and Playon for streamimg at home. Plex is by far the better of the two. However, you need a roku or some other device to play on tv. Playon works great with mediashare, but hogs a lot od cpu.

This is what works for me.

Frank

#9 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,670 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

Serviio works well but I would hate to be in the middle of streaming a 2 hour movie and something happens to the connection that kicks you out.  There's no way to resume, REW, FF, 30SKIP, bookmark or anything.  So for movies I just plug my laptop into a spare HDMI port, mirror the display and launch XBMC.

However Serviio works well for music.  I streamed music to HR24, H24, xbox 360 and even my Yamaha RVX-493 networked audio receiver. I recommend giving it a look.  

For music its worth having proper ID3 tags on your collection.  Things like The beatles are listed 3 times in my collection each with different songs under them.  For example:

Beatles

Beatles, the

The Beatles

I still have to figure out how to fix that easily.  I don't have time to manually go through a million songs.

Edited by cypherx, 25 June 2013 - 10:20 AM.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

spam firewall