Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Blacked out event" on fox soccer ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PBowie

PBowie

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

So today I was looking at my my timers for Fox soccer channel- and making sure  that my timers are set for Sundays too big EPL games-Liverpool-Everton and Manchester United-Chelsea

but both are skipped and say "blacked out event"

I have NEVER seen this before??

anyone got any ideas?

I know they black out games for american sports but Fox soccer? its not as If I can drive to the game to watch it  !!

the only thing that has changed isI  also had fox soccer +     but cancelled it today because looking at what was being shown -they did not have games   anymore I was interested in plus

its the end of the season in 3 more weeks. so I cut it today saving 15 bux but would that affect these fox soccer games I have not changed any of my packages (Still have america everything pack)

Is this all related?  And seeing as Fox has lost the EPL next season and going to NBC sports I didn't think Fox soccer Plus is needed ?

but im still confused about this "blacked out event" ??

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0273.jpg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,111 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Check your local Fox Sports RSN. There is a Manchester vs Chelsea game on several FOX channels on Monday. Is this the same game?

The FSC version is not blacked out in my area (Northern Indiana) but the Fox RSN for my area doesn't have any local teams for my area.

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   PBowie

PBowie

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

Yes I have gone thru all the channels ,sometimes  rarely they are on FX or FOX local 35  

I went thru all my fox RSNs  and PPV sports but nothing-interestingly - my games are  recording normal  tomorrow the   4th   and the monday game on the 6th are recording as well

just the 2   Sunday games (which are both live)

and the biggest games of the weekend .......

#4 OFFLINE   PBowie

PBowie

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

Dish told me the game will be available in SD NOT HD  I am at least grateful i can watch it live  I have no idea why its not on the HD feed..

#5 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

If you asked a CSR don't take their word for it. And yes, similar to this has happened before just a month ago, but by game day it was broadcast in HD. I don't know that will be the case but I wouldn't use a CSR on the phone as the authoritative answer.

Edited by tampa8, 03 May 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

They are not blacked out anymore.

Phew.

#7 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

NEVER believe what a CSR on the phone tells you. Never. Always get whatever they tell you confirmed on the forums.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...