Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Family Tools

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Watched this new show tool the first commerical. Terrible is too kind of a description.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,381 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Haven't watched it yet, but it lost 25% of the demo audience from "The Middle". That doesn't bode well for the show.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#3 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 504 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

I had high hopes for it.

Loved Leah Remini in The King of Queens, and Kyle Bornheimer in short-lived Worst Week.

15 minutes into Family Tools, I hadn't laughed a single time. I sort of watched the last 15 minutes, but never found anything remotely interesting about it.

#4 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Am I the only one in the world that loved Worst Week?

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#5 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 504 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

I thought it was outstanding. Lots of belly laughs every week, just like with Modern Family starting a couple years later.

In fact, Bornheimer reminds me a LOT of Ty Burrell (Phil Dunphy).

#6 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

I thought it was outstanding. Lots of belly laughs every week, just like with Modern Family starting a couple years later.

In fact, Bornheimer reminds me a LOT of Ty Burrell (Phil Dunphy).

Modern Family is one of my top shows and I love Parks & Rec on NBC and the series ending The Office. I would say my favorites are Mike & Molly and The Big Bang Theory

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,793 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

No, I loved Worst Week.  I actually bought it on DVD. 

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

I don't think so, but that is probably a small minority. All of that says nothing derogatory about those who do love it. I hate chocolate ice cream but if you love it, that's just fine with me. For critics and self-appointed critics who want to look down their noses at this show just to validate their own superiority, unfortunately this is a softball lobbed right over the center of the plate. The rest of us have to give the producers at least an E for effort. They took a shot, and got their show on a big network. That is a measure of success.

I think the cast here is hard to beat, although Leah R is no longer the smokin babe she was a decade ago. I got enough laughs out of it to at least keep watching, but I don't expect this show to catch on. It is somewhat obviously a late-season placeholder and nothing more with no hopes of seing more eps produced. But then stranger things have happened. It's still slightly better than Go On, The Mindy Project, The New Normal, New Girl, Guys With Kids, How To Live With Your Parents, and another half-dozen bad sitcoms still inexplicably on TV, as well as a couple dozen very similar to it that are no longer on TV, including 3 or 4 from Kyle Bornheimer himself.

I'm trying to figure out why the hardware store girl seems so familiar. Little help?

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

spam firewall