Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My VIP 211K as a DLNA server but nothing is seen ??? little help please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   daddie_longlegs

daddie_longlegs

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

On my Panasonic Viera & WDTVLive hub,my VIP 211k is seen as a DLNA server but nothing is seen when I click on the 211K.  My 211K is networked via ethernet line and has a HD attached so the 211K can be a DVR.  I don't understand why this receiver is seen and my 722 receiver is not, and why if it is seen I can not access it!! Someone please educate me!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,579 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

The ViP211K is NOT a DLNA server.  Why it advertises itself as a DLNA server is a mystery.

Again, the ViP211K is NOT a DLNA server.  I'm relatively certain it isn't a DLNA client either.

AFAIK, no satellite receivers feature DMS capability.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,764 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

Any technical info to post?

#4 OFFLINE   daddie_longlegs

daddie_longlegs

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

I have no other technical info.  The 211k just shows up on my  TV and my WDTV!! But I can't access it.  Confusing!!!!

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,764 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

Perhaps some program run on PC to get details about the service ?

#6 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Do you have the 211k broadband connected?  My Hopper sees my laptop and computer since it is on the same network and the computers sees the Hopper.  Thanks.

I have no other technical info.  The 211k just shows up on my  TV and my WDTV!! But I can't access it.  Confusing!!!!

spam firewall