Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 Tuner 1 can't see 119°

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,384 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'm on the Western Arc, for some reason this afternoon Tuner 1 on my 722 can't see 119°, any channels or transponders. Tuner 2 has no problem and my 612 has no problems on either Tuner. A separate cable comes from the DP34 switch to each Tuner.

A switch test declares I've lost a satellite after shifting to the 38 tests mode on Tuner 1. I don't want to try a hard reboot yet because I don't want some kind of unable to boot problem until after tonight's recordings.

I'm assuming I've got with one of three problems:

1. a cable problem,
  2. a switch problem, or
  3. a 722 problem.

Before calling Dish, I will do a hard reboot. If that doesn't solve the problem I switch over one of the cables from the 612 and reboot again. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll call Dish unless someone has another possible way to resolve the issue.

Anyone have an other suggestions?

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

Try swapping the cables on input 1 and 2 and rerun the test.  If the issue follows the cable, its probably a bad port on the switch, if not, then issue is the port on the receiver.  If you weren't getting anything on input 1, I'd say maybe a bad cable.

The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,534 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'm with puck...  swapping the two inputs at your receiver is the quickest way to eliminate the receiver as the problem.  IF it follows the cable, then you have a switch issue probably... otherwise you have a tuner issue.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#4 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,384 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for the responses.

Unanticipated happenings seem to be in my life this year. The overnight update process seems to fixed it. Either that or cooler temperatures (it's been unseasonably warm and dry here for two weeks ending last night) temporarily "fixed" the switch or tuner.

I guess I'll see what happens.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,764 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for the responses.

Unanticipated happenings seem to be in my life this year. The overnight update process seems to fixed it. Either that or cooler temperatures (it's been unseasonably warm and dry here for two weeks ending last night) temporarily "fixed" the switch or tuner.

I guess I'll see what happens.

Perhaps you got a moisture in your cables/F-connectors; Tuner shouldn't be affected by weather any way...

And seems to me,  it happened between DP34 and the 722, as the point affecting of switching to legacy [38 tests] - that's means DiSEqC command didn't go through the path in one or both directions. The cmds is key of full functionality when IRD communicate with DP/DPP equipment.

Edited by P Smith, 05 May 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

I am more than happy to help you with this today, would you PM me with the phone number on the account?

Thanks

spam firewall