Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Can't add HD Extra without adding a HD Receiver....huh?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 706 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

So my 3 free months were up of the HD Extra pack so I removed it from my account and attempted to add it back to my account and it won't allow me to without adding an HD Receiver. Note that I have (4) HD-DVR's on my account, so this is weird....anyone else experiencing it? Its not a huge deal as I rarely watch any of those channels so I'm not in a huge hurry to add the package back, but just wondering if anyone else came across this interesting tid-bit :lol:

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

I would call CSR and check a status of my account - the case is totally bogus and must be corrected by DTV, if you telling truth :)

#3 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 706 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

I would call CSR and check a status of my account - the case is totally bogus and must be corrected by DTV, if you telling truth :)

Why would I make something like this up?? :lol:

HDExtra_zpsb55ca2af.jpg

(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,687 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

Does your account say you have hd access on it anywhere active? Its a glitch of some kind.

#5 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 928 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

I have read similar reports elsewhere.

#6 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Are you trying to add it back on for free again after your free 3 months just ended? 

Edited by CCarncross, 06 May 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

It's a system glitch.  I had a similar problem trying to buy a Nomad a month or so ago even though I have all HD equiptment...I never ended up doing it, but it no longer gives me the warning.   

#8 OFFLINE   DIELES

DIELES

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

Had a similar problem about a month ago. Tried to activate the HD Extra Pak and it wouldn't let me stating I need to add HD service to my account. Have 2 HD DVR's and 1 HD receiver all receiving HD fro a number of years. Called and the CSR couldn't figure out what was going on and ended up adding the service @ $4.99/mo. and then gave me $5 credit for 6 months for my trouble. My account still shows that I need to activate HD. Go figure.

#9 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Had a similar problem about a month ago. Tried to activate the HD Extra Pak and it wouldn't let me stating I need to add HD service to my account. Have 2 HD DVR's and 1 HD receiver all receiving HD fro a number of years. Called and the CSR couldn't figure out what was going on and ended up adding the service @ $4.99/mo. and then gave me $5 credit for 6 months for my trouble. My account still shows that I need to activate HD. Go figure.

do you have a old package that had HD as part of it's base

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#10 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 706 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Are you trying to add it back on for free again after your free 3 months just ended? 

Yep! :)

Does your account say you have hd access on it anywhere active? Its a glitch of some kind.

Yes, it shows DVR, Whole Home and HD services as activated on my account online....

Yeah, its not a big enough deal to me right now to call in....I'll just check back online occasionally to see if they've fixed the bug, otherwise I just won't add it....only channel I'll miss kinda is Palladia and that is just on the weekends late at night that I'd tune into it, oh well :)

(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#11 OFFLINE   rb5505

rb5505

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

i just called about this.  he quickly checked and said that he just added it to our acct for 6 months at no charge.  done. 

#12 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

I had no problems doing this a week ago.  System let me add HD Extra no problems.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#13 OFFLINE   vikefan

vikefan

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Same thing happened to me about a month ago. I just thought they were trying to get me to purchase another receiver. So I gave up on the free 3 months. Maybe I should call

#14 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,676 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

Looks like they closed the loophole people were taking advantage of to keep getting the HD pack for free.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#15 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Looks like they closed the loophole people were taking advantage of to keep getting the HD pack for free.

No they didn't. Worked fine in Google Chrome last week.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#16 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,903 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Can't add it using either IR or Chrome on my PC or Safari on my iPad and iPhone, says I need to add an HD receiver first, which I have, so their web site is FUBAR.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#17 OFFLINE   rb5505

rb5505

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

just call!  in the time it took people to write these notes (AFTER it was noted to just call them), they could have had it back on their account.  so much wheel spinning on these boards. 

spam firewall