Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hughes hird-e8

program guide aim dish

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thomashjr

thomashjr

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Hi:  Trying to get this nine year old receiver which works great on OTA to resume reception of the free guide from DTV.  This receiver has been long since de-activated but it does have a card in place and up until a few months ago, it received the time of day and some limited program data for my OTA channels.  Then one day it did not get this information.  Without time of day reference, I cannot get the hughes to send out a record pulse on its IR transmitter for my JVC HD D-Theater VCR.  Can someone tell me definitively one way or another if DTV is still sending out a guide with clock reference for receivers like this to read?  If so, what bird and xponder is that guide on?  My aim if off but I cannot find anything but zeroes on 101, 110 or 119 xponders when I point by the numbers.  Also, during initialization, the screen shows a failed test for switch configuration.  This is a 3-oval dish that has always worked on this receiver with a single cable.   I own this box outright and am wondering if it has an internal failure or if the signals it is looking for no longer exist.  Thank you.  --Tom H in Tucson

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,862 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

That receiver is, or is about to be classified end-of-life. I can't tell you if it's failed but I can tell you that it may not be getting the data it once got, as that data stream is also being taken down. 

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,764 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Thomas, check a list here http://www.dbstalk.c...-program-guide/

spam firewall