Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Trouble Waking Up 622

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

Hit 'Select' on one of my 622's this morning and it didn't wake up.  Tried it several times with TV1 remote, including standing 3 feet from the receiver, and then a couple times with the TV2 remote.  All this took less than a minute.  The last time I saw anything like this was last year with my other 622 and that unit turned out to be completely dead and had to be replaced.

Just when I'd given up hope, probably another 30 or 40 seconds, the 622 woke up and appears to be operating normally.  This was about 5:45 AM CDT.  Nightly updates come at 3 AM but I wonder if I interrupted some other operation triggered by DISH.  Or is this a sign the 622 is about to expire?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

Expire? Not yet. Next time press red button behind front door - RBR.

#3 OFFLINE   CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network

AllStar

• DISH Representative
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

I'm sure that this issue was frustrating! Our receivers do not expire at a certain time. If this issue occurs again please let us know so that we can look into this further for you.

Edited by CheriT @ DISH Network, 08 May 2013 - 08:38 AM.

Cheri Torres
Social Media Representative
Cheri.Torres@Dish.com

#4 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

It happened again this morning.  This time I had turned on the TV before attempting to wake the 622 so I saw something onscreen that I didn't see the first time.  The screen saver was onscreen as usual.  But when I pressed "Select" to wake the receiver I saw the tuner 1 icon displayed and the words "please wait".  I didn't time it but I'd estimate it took 30 to 40 seconds before the receiver awoke.  It worked fine after that.  Have had no other problems with this receiver.  I put it to sleep about 10:30 last night.

#5 ONLINE   CraigT1

CraigT1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

The exact same thing happened to me this morning on my 722. I've never seen this before.

#6 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

I've had the 'please wait' message a couple times when waking my 722k.  Never ceases to make me a bit nervous, but it's always gone away after a while

#7 OFFLINE   kucharsk

kucharsk

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

I've had to power button reset my 722 a few times now because "Please wait…" hasn't gone away after several minutes. :(

Edited by kucharsk, 10 July 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

I've had to power button reset my 722 a few times now because "Please wait…" hasn't gone away after several minutes. :(

I know that can be frustrating and I am happy to help you today! How often are you having to FPR (front panel reset) the receiver? Are there any other issues you’re experiencing? Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account to better help you?

Thanks

#9 OFFLINE   kucharsk

kucharsk

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

The 722 I had to power button reset just had to be replaced, so I think at least in my case it was a failing hard drive.

#10 OFFLINE   gator749

gator749

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

Earlier this month, my 622 died and had to be replaced. Dish sent a refurb unit and all was well for a couple of weeks, then that unit died. Dish agreed to send another, but I was leaving town for a few days. The tech said my case was documented and to call when I was returning to get the "new" unit. I did, but the woman I spoke with said that I would have to go through the troubleshooting protocol again as she had not dealt with me originally. I suggested that she just ship the replacement as promised. After about 20 minutes of arguing, she agreed to do so. However, she threatened that if the replacement didn't work they would send a tech and charge me for the visit. The replacement arrived and is working. 

Two concerns:

Are the 622's now through so many refurb cycles that they are not reliable for  a reasonable period of time?

Is it Dish policy to threaten customers when their hardware proves unreliable?

I suggested to the tech that if this 622 dies in the near future, Dish will lose a customer of 9 years. She didn't care.

#11 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Earlier this month, my 622 died and had to be replaced. Dish sent a refurb unit and all was well for a couple of weeks, then that unit died. Dish agreed to send another, but I was leaving town for a few days. The tech said my case was documented and to call when I was returning to get the "new" unit. I did, but the woman I spoke with said that I would have to go through the troubleshooting protocol again as she had not dealt with me originally. I suggested that she just ship the replacement as promised. After about 20 minutes of arguing, she agreed to do so. However, she threatened that if the replacement didn't work they would send a tech and charge me for the visit. The replacement arrived and is working. 

Two concerns:

Are the 622's now through so many refurb cycles that they are not reliable for  a reasonable period of time?

I suggested to the tech that if this 622 dies in the near future, Dish will lose a customer of 9 years. She didn't care.

You are probably leasing the 622 so DISH owns it and will service it as long as you rent it from them. The CSR you talked to was probably a low level knows little which is why CSR roulette is so popular. You will get much better service by contacting a DIRT representative. Posters #3 and #8 are DIRT representatives.

#12 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

Two concerns:

Gator749,

I know this can be frustrating and we never want to lose a customer for any reason. If the issue still persists, please PM me w/ the phone number on the account to talk about all available options for you.

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...