Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Must Be "Bones" Day

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

At least on Encore Westerns

DeForest Kelley has been on twice so far, once in "Lawman" and now in "Have Gun, Will Travel"

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#2 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

And here I thought you were talking about Emily Deschanel ...
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Me too. That was a clever misdirect. That's pretty entertaining when what you expect is something completely different.

But briefly, as long as you bring up the Emily D topic, here is what I think is wrong with Bones, the TV show, which is that it is completely character driven. There appears to be a procedural aspect, but they never deliver on that; there is never a satisfying conclusion to any mystery that might appear along the way, so it becomes all character and dialog.

Well, the dialog ain't that clever, and I think the writers have been phoning that in for years now. Not only that, if you don't want to spend time with these characters, there is then just no reason to watch. I have grown pretty bored with every character on the show, other than the nerdy bug guy, who appears to be carrying the rest. Ironically, he was the only character I did NOT like in year 1.

I guess this explains why I have 35 or so unwatched eps on my DVR, that I am contemplating dumping.

Also ironic is that these guys (writers/producers) have the chops; The Finder was a much better show, which proves that they can give us quality. I just have not seen that in Bones now for quite some time.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#4 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Bones is completely fomulaic.  I do watch it but it is highly predictable ...

DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,853 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

"Bones" is still on the air? 

"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#6 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

To answer that, just use your search function. It is on FOX, was renewed with little problem on FOX, repeats all summer on FOX, airs in syndication, and airs on TNT almost daily. It is way more successful than it has a right to be. Like Criminal Minds.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#7 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,853 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

It shows you how close I paid attention to television the past few months. 

"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

spam firewall