Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

34/700 intermittent connection with the old type of wifi box as given with 32/500

Wifi 34/700 Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Windshadow

Windshadow

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Since my 32/500 was replaced with the 34/700 last weekend the wifi box that directv provided with the 32/500 (and which worked with no major problems other than sync with the iPad app where the 32/500 had to be verified each time the app was launched) I have had continuous connection problems and even though selected on demand show eventually download I get messages on screen all the time about no connection and asking if I was to test or continue..... Testing will result in a fail as well as loosing the live show I am watching on delay and interrupt any schedule recordings is I have learned to ignore this msg and by the next day the download will be done for live TV I tend to pause the show and watch some 30 min recording then I can go back to live show and 30sec skip the adds.

My Internet is roadrunner 50/5 provided by time Warner. Speed at the wifi router is 50/5 as advertised by speed test and when I run speedtest on a wifi connected device I get 34.5/5.3 so time Warner says no problems at their end

Anything I can try before I get a service call?
Cheers

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,362 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Don't think a service call will help much other than replacing the wireless for a much reliable wired "DECA"

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall