Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Screen saver pops up randomly

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,179 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

I have stated before in threads, including this one,  that I have never had the screen saver to pop up when it was not supposed to.
Well, I have now. I have it on CNBC and the TV is muted, just watching the numbers and the screen flashes.
Went outside to water the roses and trim off the old buds and came back in, sat down and whoops there it is. This took about 3 hours for this to happen.
I pressed the Select button and the picture came back.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

If your running a mirrored tv off of a hd reciever and the mirrored tv is on and connected via rca, and your watching tv on the none mirrored tv which is connected via hdmi or component and the res is at or above 720p the ss can be triggered because there is a staic on screen message on the mirrored tv stating something like "press and hold exit to enter sd mode...bla bla bla"
This can also happen if you have a AV tuner connected via RCA cables (including yellow video) then a feed from the av unit to a mirrored tv which is off, becaus the av unit is still pulling the video from the hd reciever and therefore the hd reciever sees an active sd connection, therefore "displays" the message about viewing hd via non hd connection.

This can also happen if one of the tuners does not have signal. But that was already mentioned.

... just my opinion. ..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using DBSTalk mobile app

I have the Monoprice $50 HD component to composite adapter.  Receiver is in 1080i all the time.

#23 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,910 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

I have stated before in threads, including this one,  that I have never had the screen saver to pop up when it was not supposed to.
Well, I have now. I have it on CNBC and the TV is muted, just watching the numbers and the screen flashes.
Went outside to water the roses and trim off the old buds and came back in, sat down and whoops there it is. This took about 3 hours for this to happen.
I pressed the Select button and the picture came back.

Happened to me just recently now;

On my HR34-700 Genie toward the end of the Miami-San Antonio NBA Championship game. Pressed play and it went away.

Hasn't happened on any of my boxes here in a long time (five DVRs here including the Genie), and first time its happened on the Genie. Only one program was recording on it at the time.

Have the Genie for over a year now.  

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

spam firewall