Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ANDROID App

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Mobile App - Added back support for our dedicated app and found you can not get into threads without special settings. -

1.  When Opening a Thread, Always:  Jump to First Page
2.  On Forum and Search Summary Pages, Show:  First Post in Thread
3.  Posts Per Page: 20

Samsung Galaxy S4, 4.2.2

None of the above suggestions are working for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I can read private messages but when I initially login I get:

loginaa.png

When I go to FORUMS I get:

screenshot2013050920150.png

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mikeren1

mikeren1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts
  • LocationJax, Fl

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Mine has been doing that exact thing..It started (for me) when they made all the changes round' here.

#3 OFFLINE   redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWest Warwick, RI

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

I can only get it to work when I click "current" or "subscribed".  But like you I can't see the rest of the forums.

#4 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,113 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

Hi...

We are aware of it but nothing we can personally fix.  This is a Forum Runner Issue and it running on IP.Boards.  Forum Runner is now owned by Vb.

Trying to get it resolved or we will move to TapaTalk if needed.   Please remember for now we do have a mobile skin for your mobile browsers. 

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#5 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Understood, but since it doesn't work with the new forum software why not just pull it from Google Play?

#6 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

I do not have control over doing that.  They do.  I could tell them to pull it, but that then might stop any leverage I have over them $ wise.   After all, it is suppose to be working and not have such issues. I hope it will be fixed, but it really has been quite some time.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#7 OFFLINE   ciurca

ciurca

Godfather

• Registered
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

Lots of problems for me as well on both my gs3 and galaxy nexus. I do like Tapatalk.
HR34
HR23
Slingbox Pro HD

Twitter -> @saltwater_rider
Facebook -> facebook.com/craig.ciurca

#8 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Very strange. All of a sudden it's working fine. I did uninstall/reinstall for the 12th time. Maybe that did it ??????

#9 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Attached File  dbs_tap_icon.png   37.35KB   28 downloads

Hey Guys...Just now I sent into Google play a new Android App for DBSTalk.com that is powered by TapaTalk.  So at some point, two will show up.  DBSTalk (Forum Runner) and DBSTalk.com (DBNet, LLC).   the .com one is TapaTalk.  (Not sure how long it takes to show up in the app store.)

NOTE...I have never used it, so I have NO IDEA about the app.  So please help each other.   The old DBSTalk Forum Runner App will be removed at some point.  (Can't do it on my own and need ForumRunner to remove it and I have requested that.) 

(Apple iOS users reading this...I can not even upload the app to Apple until my account is approved.  Once that is done, I can upload the app and then that will need to be approved.  As such, it is all out of my hands at this time.  Sorry to say I have no idea how long any of this will take.  No idea at all.)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#10 OFFLINE   redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWest Warwick, RI

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

Thanks. I just installed the new version and it works well.

#11 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

AH, it does work. ::o

Sent from my ADR6400L using DBSTalk mobile app

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#12 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

David, the app works great. Maybe this one will be easier to update and to add additional features.

Edited by BubblePuppy, 19 May 2013 - 05:04 PM.

Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#13 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

Great. Looking forward to it on iOS. Thanks.

DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#14 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

David, the app works great. Maybe this one will be easier to update and to add additional features.

Just a note...I have no control over the app functions.  That would be TapaTalk.  I just pay for the right to brand the app.  So any suggestion would go to them. ;)   

• BubblePuppy likes this

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#15 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Just a note...I have no control over the app functions.  That would be TapaTalk.  I just pay for the right to brand the app.  So any suggestion would go to them. ;)   

Good to know. Thanks.

Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#16 OFFLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Icon

• Registered
  • 516 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

I have tried everything from my Motorola Xoom wifi at the latest JellyBean available to it and the new app does not recognize my p010ne login?

David Brott was helpful and even tried my login with a password I supplied and he was able to login on his HTC Thunderbolt android phone!

I gave the app one star because it does not work for me!

Eighter from Decatur, County Seat of Wise (of course it's in Texas)

#17 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

I have tried everything from my Motorola Xoom wifi at the latest JellyBean available to it and the new app does not recognize my p010ne login?

David Brott was helpful and even tried my login with a password I supplied and he was able to login on his HTC Thunderbolt android phone!

I gave the app one star because it does not work for me!

I had an issue with the non branded Tapatalk 2 ios app logging in to any forum I tried.  After troubleshooting I found out the app has a password restriction itself, passwords can't be greater than 16 characters.  When I modified the passwords in question I was able to login successfully.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16
HR44-700 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 4.0 TB
HR24-500 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 2.0 TB
HR21-700 with DECA adapter for network
Network: Netgear R7000
Internet: Comcast 105/20

#18 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

I had an issue with the non branded Tapatalk 2 ios app logging in to any forum I tried.  After troubleshooting I found out the app has a password restriction itself, passwords can't be greater than 16 characters.  When I modified the passwords in question I was able to login successfully.

In this case I wish it was that easy.  Would not be the length in this case.  No issue logging in with his account on 2 other Android devices I have.  So it seems like an OS version thing.  (Apps, oh what fun.)

• p010ne likes this

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#19 OFFLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Icon

• Registered
  • 516 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

In this case I wish it was that easy.  Would not be the length in this case.  No issue logging in with his account on 2 other Android devices I have.  So it seems like an OS version thing.  (Apps, oh what fun.)

I really appreciate the effort David has exerted on my behalf; however, I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with the Motorola Xoom wifi? I suppose there is no tracing that can be activated on either end?

It is curious that the app doesn't complain about my login attempt but just presents the login register prompt and otherwise ignores me!

Edited by p010ne, 21 May 2013 - 06:14 PM.

Eighter from Decatur, County Seat of Wise (of course it's in Texas)

#20 OFFLINE   JJaret

JJaret

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Why not allow access through the Tapatalk App for Android and IOS? I use it for XDA and AVS.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...