Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ANDROID App

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Why not allow access through the Tapatalk App for Android and IOS? I use it for XDA and AVS.

I also use that; however, I doubt that it has support to control Cutting Edge features (I am able to sign-in to many forums on it with my Jelly Beans)?

Edited by p010ne, 24 May 2013 - 02:03 PM.

Eighter from Decatur, County Seat of Wise (of course it's in Texas)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,185 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Why not allow access through the Tapatalk App for Android and IOS? I use it for XDA and AVS.

Good question that I will be happy again to give an answer.  Personally, I do not feel good allowing another company to make $ from our traffic.  You see, not only do they charge for the app, and it is a nice app, but then they make $ from the ads run on the app from our visitors.   I would rather try to have the ad money come in to help support the site operations vs going to someone else.  So I purchased, yes I paid for, the app to be branded for use on this site.  As such, it it free for the members to use and also, if we can recoup the cost, it may make a few $ for the site.  

If we end up not making anything for the site and thus loosing money, then we will need to discontinue it.  It will cost us $49 a month just to have both iOS and Android versions of the app PLUS good old Apple wants $99 a year for the right to be able to post the app. (And let me tell you, IT IS NOT AN EASY PROCESS!  Totally amazed anyone actually puts up with it.)

Hope this helps.  

Side Note...TapaTalk has been very nice to work with.  I have great respect for what they are doing. 

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#23 OFFLINE   JJaret

JJaret

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Good question that I will be happy again to give an answer. Personally, I do not feel good allowing another company to make $ from our traffic. You see, not only do they charge for the app, and it is a nice app, but then they make $ from the ads run on the app from our visitors. I would rather try to have the ad money come in to help support the site operations vs going to someone else. So I purchased, yes I paid for, the app to be branded for use on this site. As such, it it free for the members to use and also, if we can recoup the cost, it may make a few $ for the site.

If we end up not making anything for the site and thus loosing money, then we will need to discontinue it. It will cost us $49 a month just to have both iOS and Android versions of the app PLUS good old Apple wants $99 a year for the right to be able to post the app. (And let me tell you, IT IS NOT AN EASY PROCESS! Totally amazed anyone actually puts up with it.)

Hope this helps.

Side Note...TapaTalk has been very nice to work with. I have great respect for what they are doing.

Understood. I don't recall seeing ads on the app. No complaints. Thanks for the info.

#24 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Will a dark theme be added? would be nice for night time viewing. Never mind found it in settings. Sent from my YP-G1 using DBSTalk mobile app

Edited by dorfd1, 31 May 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Any plans for a tablet app based off tapatalk hd? Sorry for double posy.

Edited by dorfd1, 31 May 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

Only if Tapatalk releases it to the branded customers.  (I would hope they would....just not sure when.)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#27 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,908 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Loving the new app thus far!

Sent from my EVO using DBSTalk mobile app

#28 OFFLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

:flaiming Still hating tapatalk build versions (ditto for satelliteguys too) for Motorola Xoom Wifi (ignores logins)!  !pusht!

#29 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

Well we wait for the next version for us.  Not much we can do.  Maybe make a post to Tapatalk?

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#30 OFFLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

:righton: OK, I posted to them on https://www.facebook...apatalk?fref=ts  :righton:

#31 OFFLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

I just got a new version that even allows my login OK with Motorola xoom!

Sent from my Xoom using DBSTalk mobile app

#32 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

Nice to read.  Please also be aware we are now testing a new app... Topify.  See other thread if interested. 

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#33 OFFLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

Topify is no go for either android or iOS!

#34 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Not sure why you say that as I am using it now on Android.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#35 OFFLINE   jkane

jkane

Icon

• Registered
  • 695 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Motorola Xoom 4.1.2.  It was working great until 3 releases ago.  Even the one that came out today still hangs on the initial splash screen.  I uninstalled and rebooted.  Still doesn't get past the initial splash screen after re-installing.  Something changed 3 releases ago.

Todays app is version 2.4.13.9.

Sadly, I didn't backup the older version to try reloading it and see if it still works.

- Jeff
922, 722, 501.

#36 OFFLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Curious that all that is fine with my xoom?

Sent from my Xoom using DBSTalk mobile app

#37 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

jkane, you can try using the FREE version of the TapaTalk app and then look up DBSTalk to use the site.  Thank might work for you.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#38 OFFLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Motorola Xoom 4.1.2.  It was working great until 3 releases ago.  Even the one that came out today still hangs on the initial splash screen.  I uninstalled and rebooted.  Still doesn't get past the initial splash screen after re-installing.  Something changed 3 releases ago.

Todays app is version 2.4.13.9.

Sadly, I didn't backup the older version to try reloading it and see if it still works.I su

:nono2: I suppose you have rebooted your xoom, sometimes that helps with problems? :eek2:

#39 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

The latest dbstalk app allows me to open links to other forums using the app. I clicked on xda developers from the browser and I was able to browse that forum using the dbstalk app. Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by dorfd1, 07 December 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#40 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Yes, some nice changes in the recent version.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Protected By... spam firewall...And...