Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need help on new dish install

1000.2 1000.4 vip222k vipsolo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   joeuser

joeuser

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • Locationelmhurst, ny

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

I plan on becoming a new subscriber. Here's what we are looking to get.
America's Top 120: $24.99/mo (for the first year, then $49.99/mo)
Hindi Megapack: $54.99/mo (this is available on the 119 satellite: Dish 119W)
Number of tvs: 3
Receivers: 1Duo Vip 222k and 1 Solo (Duo: Free, Solo: $7/mo)

What I want to know is what is the correct satellite dish installation for my home: Eastern/Western ARC? and which Dish: 1000.2 or 1000.4? And which LNBF? Do we need more than 1 Dish on the roof?
I don't know which satellite carries of Local channels (in SD or HD). NBC/ABC/CBS/FOX/PBS etc... (is it 129W?)
Also, we may be connecting more TVs in the future so we want to have the install capable of simply adding one more coax to the connectivity and be good to go rather than re-work the existing install.

So what I want to know is what is the right configuration and should we be specifically asking for a particular type of install.
For instance, with the Duo VIP 222K receiver, the connectivity should be such that the cabling from the receiver to the 2nd TV should NOT be routed from inside the house. I was told a diplexer/triplexer should be used, does this make sense?

Are there diagrams which describe the connections from the satellite to the VIP222K and the 2nd TV with the diplexer / triplexer?

Please help.

Thanks,
J

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

I believe the Hindi Mega Pak is on the 118.7 satellite, so you will need either a Dish 500+ or a Dish 1000+ dish depending on where your locals are.

If your locals are on EA (probably are since you are in NY), you need an EA Dish 1000.4 plus a Dish 500+.

If you are on WA, the Dish 1000+ will be all you need.

I also recommend a 722k instead of the 222k, it is only $7 more a month you get a DVR and once you use one you will never do without one.

Dish will install all your equipment to suit your needs, you do not need to worry about where does this wire go and that wire, just let the techs install the system, verify that it is working, sign the work order and sit back and enjoy.

If you plan to add another TV in the future, all that will be necessary is to run another coaxial cable from the satellite to the new receiver.

Edited by Jim5506, 09 May 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   joeuser

joeuser

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts
  • Locationelmhurst, ny

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

I believe the Hindi Mega Pak is on the 118.7 satellite, so you will need either a Dish 500+ or a Dish 1000+ dish depending on where your locals are.

If your locals are on EA (probably are since you are in NY), you need an EA Dish 1000.4 plus a Dish 500+.

If you are on WA, the Dish 1000+ will be all you need.

I also recommend a 722k instead of the 222k, it is only $7 more a month you get a DVR and once you use one you will never do without one.

Dish will install all your equipment to suit your needs, you do not need to worry about where does this wire go and that wire, just let the techs install the system, verify that it is working, sign the work order and sit back and enjoy.

If you plan to add another TV in the future, all that will be necessary is to run another coaxial cable from the satellite to the new receiver.

Crap!
I just realized that the Hindi Megapack is western arc 118.7 only.
With respect to 722k, I don't think its $7 extra, it is $10 extra with DVR service.
I need 2 DISH setup "IF" i care about the local channels. If I don't care about my locals, I can have a western arc setup (with legacy programming where some channels are still not updated to the mpeg4 standard).
But since I do care about my local channels, I'm better off having the satellite guys come over and point my dish 1000+ to the eastern arc with mpeg4 and HD) for all my programming except for my Indian/Hindi megapack (for which they will probably use the dish 500+ pointed to 119).

I just educated myself on Dish's satellite thru lyngsat.

One last question: Can dish installers make use of my OTA antenna to receive Local channels in HD rather than point to the eastern arc? In this case I might be able to get away with pointing to the western arc and get all my programming from there (and rely on the antenna for my OTAs locals).

Let me know if this makes sense.

J

Edited by joeuser, 10 May 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

Crap!
I just realized that the Hindi Megapack is western arc 118.7 only.
With respect to 722k, I don't think its $7 extra, it is $10 extra with DVR service.
I need 2 DISH setup "IF" i care about the local channels. If I don't care about my locals, I can have a western arc setup (with legacy programming where some channels are still not updated to the mpeg4 standard).
But since I do care about my local channels, I'm better off having the satellite guys come over and point my dish 1000+ to the eastern arc with mpeg4 and HD) for all my programming except for my Indian/Hindi megapack (for which they will probably use the dish 500+ pointed to 119).

I just educated myself on Dish's satellite thru lyngsat.

One last question: Can dish installers make use of my OTA antenna to receive Local channels in HD rather than point to the eastern arc? In this case I might be able to get away with pointing to the western arc and get all my programming from there (and rely on the antenna for my OTAs locals).

Let me know if this makes sense.

J

722K is only $7 dvr fee, 922 brings it up to $10 as does a Hopper until the 22 of the month.

#5 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

1000+ is WA only 1000.4 & 1000.2 are EA dishes

#6 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

If you need EA plus internationals you probably need a 1000.4 EA dish plus a 500+ side dish for Internationals at 118.7, the 118.7 D500+ plugs into the input port on the D1000.4 and the D1000.4 plugs into your receivers.

Just order your channels and Dish will install the proper equipment.

Edited by Jim5506, 11 May 2013 - 07:51 PM.

• lonerwulf and rebelwitacause like this
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#7 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

If you get a 722K, you will need to have them add an OTA module in order to receive channels over the air or you can order one at Solid Signal.  I recommending getting that and the two dish setup.  You will be able to record up to 2 OTA & 2 Sat. channels at the same time, you get all of the subchannels for your locals & you may receive more locals OTA than via satellite.

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#8 OFFLINE   rebelwitacause

rebelwitacause

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

be careful though if it is an old style 500+ lnb then you can plug in into the input on the 1k.4 lnb but if it is a new style u will have to add a switch in the system

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1000.2, 1000.4, vip222k, vipsolo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...